I was told about this on another forum. I have looked into it and have done some research and contacted the founder of the trail. He said that about 95% can be done on a Jeep or like 4x4. The other 5% is sand in Utah and Nevada that is supposed to be impassible via a Jeep. My question is has anyone here ever drove the Trans-America Trail in 4x4 like a Jeep? If you have any tips, tricks, etc you can share?
I am planning to do this just as soon as I can gather the estimated amount of money I am figuring on that would be needed. This does include all mods, equipment etc one would need for an extended time in the field as I am starting from a basically stock Jeep Cherokee (XJ) and a stock Jeep Grand Cherokee (WJ).
Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.