Votes: 22 57.9%
  • Flat Desert Tan

Votes: 12 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TexGX

Explorer
Jess,

After seeing those pictures, I think the RRT idea will work out Great. It is bigger then I was thinking. Can you give more information on your solar set up? I am thinking of adding solar to my trailer.

TexGX

roamingaz

Explorer
Jess,

After seeing those pictures, I think the RRT idea will work out Great. It is bigger then I was thinking. Can you give more information on your solar set up? I am thinking of adding solar to my trailer.

TexGX

I am using a powerfilm 60 watt fold up solar panel and so far very impressed with the quality of them, I have used rigid panels in the past but they are fairly fragile and awkward to store. The fold up panel is about the size of a notebook. I found it on Ebay for $650 shipped, not too bad.
I will post more pics when I get it finished this week, let me know a time your free and I can show you how I have everything installed.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Why do you need a RTT when the Tentrax has a tent built into it? You can see the tent poles in one of the previous pictures.

roamingaz

Explorer
Mostly because the tent on it is not what I would consider quality and not sure how well it will work in monsoon wind and rain. the bed is not very comfortable, and also I would prefer not to have to unload everything on the tongue to deploy the tent. I will still use the tent for my upcoming trip and see how it does for this 10 day adventure.
I like the overall concept of the tentrax but if Adventure Trailers made something smaller then the chaser I would have seriously considered purchaseing one.

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
I think I would just get it wrapped to match the truck, or some off road map theme. It can not cost to much, a couple of hundred at the max. Then if you decide to sell it, the original trailer is still there and well protected. Great little trailer.

I use the solid panels as they are much more efficent and cost is coming down on them. They are not fragile, take wind forces in the 100 to 150 mile per hour area. I have them on over 100 tower sites around Palm Springs and the Inland Empire, high summer temperatures and snow and Ice in the winter, most last at least ten years. I slide mine under the roof rack and use a morningstar controller, one of the best on the market, most solar tower/radio sites use them. I use a 90 wat panel from Seimens on my trialers, but looking at a new one. I think the controller and solar panel all together would cost less than 600.00 and way more space saving than the luna system. But I have never really looked at it, I need to, so will after this post.

Last edited:

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
These things are tiny with very little fitting going on, my guess is less than 500 for the wrap, but preserves the trailers as original. Paint even less.

I just saw a sammy done yesterday, and it was less than 1200, with lots of cuts. But then again I have no idea of pricing in Arizona. I will get a price on wrapping one of mine which is twice as large as the Tentrax. I just spoke with rick at www.aviwraps.com and he said mine would be around 500.00 bucks. He does top of the line work, teaches classes at several colleges around the area, does SEMA trucks and a lot of the race semis for Yamaha and Kawaski.

After talking with rick my guess on the Tentrax would be 3 to 4 hundred.

TexGX

Explorer
Jess,

Thanks for the info. I am thinking with the price of the solar panel, I could get a Honda 2000 that I could also use with my other trailer. I will have to think about that. When you get it done, I would love to check it out.

TexGX

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
I also carry the Honda 2000, fantastic little generator. Runs forever on a full tank of fuel. I had mine run 13 hours once, supporting a micro wave tower converted to 12 volts and an inverter. Quiet to.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Mostly because the tent on it is not what I would consider quality and not sure how well it will work in monsoon wind and rain. the bed is not very comfortable, and also I would prefer not to have to unload everything on the tongue to deploy the tent. I will still use the tent for my upcoming trip and see how it does for this 10 day adventure.
I like the overall concept of the tentrax but if Adventure Trailers made something smaller then the chaser I would have seriously considered purchaseing one.

I started out with one and upgraded to a Chaser, then the Kimberly. I always thought the tent was the nicest part of the trailer. Burly made the tents and they are pretty bomber fabric.

Tom and Elaine

Observer
We have survived two hard rain and wind events in ours. Rain flys made the difference of course. We supplement the bed with self-inflating sleeping pads. Having to unload the tonque is a fact of life with it so I put what I will need for the night anyway on the front of the trailer. We love our Tentrax and look forward to another summer of travel. Tom and Elaine

UNI

Adventurer
Tom and Elaine Posted: We have survived two hard rain and wind events in ours. Rain flys made the difference of course. We supplement the bed with self-inflating sleeping pads. Having to unload the tonque is a fact of life with it so I put what I will need for the night anyway on the front of the trailer. We love our Tentrax and look forward to another summer of travel. Tom and Elaine
Roamingaz,

Congrats on the trailer!

We pretty much mirror what Tom & Elaine posted, we've had no problems with the Tentrax. It's been a Great Trailer. Have fun with your Mods, keep posting the pics.

UNI

loren85022

Explorer
Diverting just a bit, does anyone have any practical examples of what a Honda 2000 will power that a 1000 won't? Obviously it has double the output, but I'm just curious what tools/appliances/gadgets anyone has used out in the woods.

roamingaz

Explorer
Diverting just a bit, does anyone have any practical examples of what a Honda 2000 will power that a 1000 won't? Obviously it has double the output, but I'm just curious what tools/appliances/gadgets anyone has used out in the woods.
I had a older 1000 watt Honda and it couldn't power a small space heater but I would guess the 2000 watt would with no problem so I would assume if you are bringing a generator along it would be to power a heat producing appliance.

So back from my first trip with the Tentrax and I have to say it worked very well though the tent did get a small rip due to the the inside bed unlatching and popping up. I took it to a awning shop and they patched it right away for cheap.

Last minute wiring my wife thought it was soo funny seeing me inside the trailer
Spring Break 2012 003.jpg
Quick stop on one of the trails
Spring Break 2012 022.jpg
Camp set up, used my Kodiak Canvas tent most of the trip
Spring Break 2012 041.jpg
My son caught his first fish, now he is hooked for life!
Spring Break 2012 043.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior