• Green to match my Jeep

Votes: 22 57.9%
  • Flat Desert Tan

Votes: 12 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

roamingaz

Explorer
Thanks to Expo member HelaJames I am the proud new owner of a bright yellow Tentrax. So far I am impressed with how it tows and sets up, I am curious why more people on here don't have them. I know the torflex axle can be a issue but already saving pennies to have Adventure Trailers do a airbag axle conversion on it. For me there is plenty of room for all my gear and I like the compact size as it keeps me from overloading it.
I am going on a 10 day fishing trip in 2 weeks so things will progress rapidly to be ready for my trip and I will update as I go. I am undecided as to paint it to match my Jeep, leave it yellow or paint it desert tan, suggestions please!

419553_3472657021326_1418172585_4665274_310413452_n.jpg

tentrax001.jpg

Last edited:

TexGX

Explorer
I say live with it for awhile and see if it grows on you. If not you can paint it to match the jeep.
TexGX

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
I like color matched, but the yellow does add a safety aspect to it " high visibility"
Those Prius driving texting teens surely would see it!

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
Congratulations!

They are very nice trailers, I have one similar to yours and I have used it in all types of terrain with no issues yet. Interested to see how your trailer turns out after your mod's on the suspension!

My vote color match to your Wrangle which I am doing to mine!

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Rominguez,

There is no need to replace the Torflex axle. It is the same axle being used on all US military and NATO military trailers. It will work just fine. Neither I nor Dexter have seen any proof of failed axles, having asked repeatedly. I have used them for over 25 years and never seen one fail. Dexter has no evidence of such failures, nor any warranty claims for failures. I have an idea we will soon be hearing from Dexter regarding these alleged failures.

They work just fine, our young service men's lives depend on them. I would guess millions of miles more than anyone else on off road trailers.

The axle is set at a certain weight, find out what that is. If it is oversprung, reduce the air preasure in the tires if it is not loaded to the set weight. I normally go down to what ever I am running on the tow vehicle off road. You could go even lower as there is very little weight in the trailer.

I can tow mine at 90 mph or it can crawl over anything, have never broken an egg or anything else in one of my off road trailers.

roamingaz

Explorer
I guess I will leave it yellow for now and use it for a bit before I do any major changes.
I have been buying stuff to outfit this trailer a little at a time for several months and now that I have the trailer I can start installing.
List of stuff I'm working on first-

national Luna power pack
arb fridge
12volt sockets and LED lighting
power inverter 400 watt
pelican case tongue box

I'm still looking for a water tank or cans and 2 fuel cans

Pic's coming of project progress later today:coffee:

loren85022

Explorer
If yellow aint your style, you might just get it wrapped. This way it can be returned to yellow if/when time to sell. Maybe go two-tone to match the jeep.

roamingaz

Explorer
I have made some progress on my trailer but still waiting on some parts to arrive before I can go much further.
The ARB 30 qt. fridge fits very well on the tongue rack and I tossed the cheap rubbermaid box that came with the trailer and used a Pelican case 1620 for my camp kitchen. Of course I had to add the Monster sticker (I work for them) and Sierra Expeditions sticker, Wil is great about getting my parts on time.
tentrax001-1.jpg

Test fitting the National Luna power pack and Big Kahuna shower, everything fits perfect. There really is a lot of room inside these little trailers.
tentrax009-Copy.jpg

Drilling a big hole for the solar panel chargeing port was nerve wracking but I had a great helper to make sure all was installed properly.
tentrax012.jpg

tentrax013.jpg

I need to find a way to cover the front panel of the fridge, I wish ARB made a better cover.
tentrax008.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shevy5000