Laptop Mount

Raszr

I made a mount out of 1/2" plumbing pipe and assorted fittings. I used flanges to mount the bracket in three places along the tunnel and floor board to get the mount as close to the console as possible. I also used a union just above the console level so that when the mount does not have my pc I can remove the top section but leave the mounting in place. I then used foam and fabric to cover all the piping including the top section which is not in the photos. I think the hole enchilada cost my 50.00USD. But it is extremly rigid and secure. The laptop will be held in place with velcro straps but does not move.

Not sure about the AIRBAG possible issue... I think I will be toast. But you guys without airbags will be fine. Is there a way to deactivate the passenger side????

Raszr:arabia:

pnwadventurer

Observer
I couldn't tell from the photos. Did you mount it to existing holes? If not, how did you secure it to the transmission hump?

Steve

Raszr

I mounted it to the hump with pipe flanges bolted through the floorboard upfront and the tunnel alone the side. THe whole mount sticks out about 2" from the tunnel. I fitted the pipes so that it would be as close to the tunnel as possible.:arabia:

Raszr...

pnwadventurer said:
I couldn't tell from the photos. Did you mount it to existing holes? If not, how did you secure it to the transmission hump?

Steve

Raszr

I have field testing and altered my plan. I have made the mount airbag friendly. I was scared of being wacked by the mount, PC and bags.
I also rewired the power to add a three-way plug on the bottom, a universal plug for any PC and made it more horizontal for the PC. I can upload photos if your interested.
:arabia: Raszr

alia176 said:
Excellent job Tom. Have you had a chance to do some field testing yet?

alia176

Explorer
Nice job, it's always good to field test these things. I have a laptop mount already but uploading your pics should inspire others to follow suit.

pismo62

Adventurer
Nice job. The color coordination looks good. I made one out of 1/2 nich pipe also but no as elaborate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles