??? Winch mount on our 1999 One-Ton Dodge van...

voyageur

Adventurer
We will soon be doing some "westward ho touring" in our Roadtrek RV. It has a nine inch ground clearance and is 2WD. As an attempt to extend or expand our BLM type dirt road capability I am considering an ARB locker and a winch. I have the winch on hand. I have had no success in locating a builder for an ARB type front bull bar, with winch bracket, or a mount to allow me to install it in our rear Class III receiver. I figure if I drive it in to a stuck I might be better off backing it out.

Any sources, thoughts, or solutions are welcome...

Happy Friday!

xped

Adventurer
I don't know if they make one for a 99 Dodge van but I found a push type bumper for my 78 Dodge and installed a winch mount plate from Harbor Freight which fit perfectly between the upright part of the bumper. I would check with a 4x4 shop as to someone who could fab a custom bumper. Harbor Freight also sells the hitch mount winch plate, I found these stick too far off the bumper and they rattle in the receiver also make sure you run large cables too the back as winches draw alot of power.

Eaglefreek

Eagleless
My brother in law lives in Bonita Springs and used to do a lot of 4x4 fab stuff. He's been in that area since he was born so he will probably know someone that may be able to build one for you. I'll call him later today.

Bandit

Hi David
I think that We pretty much did what You want to do during Jan. , Feb. , and March of 2009 . but without all the luxuries You have . We drove out from Boston in Our 2000 Dodge 3500 Maxi Window Van with just one seat and a full size air mattress in the back . We camped in different areas of Az. , from Walmarts , to , rest areas ,National Parks/Forest ( don't forget to get an Old Farts Pass ) and County Parks .
We stayed the longest at the campground belonging to the Gold Mining Club We are members of and had No trouble on the 9 1/2 mile "road ? " into the campground or the 3 1/2 mi. to there 3200 acre 's of gold claims , in our 2 wd. with No Posi . as the members that looked at the van said we wouldn't with our clearance .
We were told the same thing at the Black Canyon City KOA and had a blast exploring around the Maggie Mine Road and the Castle Hot Springs Road .
I do want to add a posi. Hi Lift Jack , Winch and a lot of tow straps for our next trip out there .
To answer one of your questions , check out Pierce Sales .
Bob
http://www.piercesales.com/PS654-Series-Receiver-Hitch-Mount-p/pbm1rh.htm

Eaglefreek

Eagleless
I finally got the chance to talk to my brother in law. He said the only place in town he would recommend would be Action 4x4 in Fort Meyers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles