SCAM ALERT - Warfield Offroad of California

Salesville

Just a note to let other forum members know to avoid a Mr. Charles Warfield of Warfield Offroad. Based on my research here I ordered and paid for a custom made kitchen box for the inside of my AT Horizon camper. He charged my credit card $400.00 on October 6, 2011.

When I finally got tired of not hearing from him, I finally reached him and he claimed a family emergency. Unfortunately my response was, " hey, no problem, I understand, keep in touch, and just get it to me when you can." About two months ago, with no further contact from him, I had finally had my fill. He promised to refund my credit card. Well, needless to say I'm still waiting. PayPal protection is only good for 45 days, and VISA for 90 days. So I'm out the $400.00 and all the time I have spent dealing with this.

Maybe this will prevent another forum member from getting scammed. And, oh yeah, I'd still like to get a custom kitchen box for my camper if anyone knows anybody else doing this sort of thing, before the camping season starts here in Montana.

Walk in peace,

Salesville

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
There is another thread on this very same topic, I would search and post your experience there as well. It seems as though this guy cannot be trusted.

Salesville

Thanks for this.

Truth of the matter is I already feel cheap and banal for whining on an internet forum (one of my absolute favorite forums I might add - this infrormation here is awesome) but at this point it is the only recourse I have, and if it keeps somebody else from getting screwed so much the better.

Salesville

Rwayout

I almost bought these as well for my 80... I called him and he said that he was not taking any additional orders for a few months. I dont have the time to wait, so I ordered the ones from Camel 4x4... Ironman

dumolebob

Observer
What a shame! The guys looks like he makes (or made) nice stuff. Hey Mr. Warfield, we all have family emergencies setting us back now and then, but you need to man up a give the money back!

Come on Mr. Warfield - do the right thing!

18seeds

Explorer
He's got my money also and I haven't heard from him in ages. If anybody has his address i'd like to return the POS he sent me personally.

I was trying to be patient and I've just about had it with all his "family issues". He is dragging all his customers into his "family issues". CRACK IS WHACK!

Salesville

Thanks Ironman, I'll check them out.

18seeds - Sorry man. I guess I should have posted this four or five months ago, but I made the mistake of believing him.

Funny part of the whole thing is at one part during the ordering process he emailed me and stated something like, " I'm a little short of making my sales goals for this month, so if you order right away, I'll knock a little off the total." I thought this was a little odd, since I had already agreed to a little higher price, but due to being very busy with work, I had not had the opportunity to send him my credit card information yet, and hey, who doesn't like a little money knocked off the top? He sucked me right in! As far as crooks go he's definitely smooth.....

I simply let my guard down. I had GREAT dealings with Mario and Clint at AT Trailers, and my family and I had already used the Horizon three or four times; I had found this forum, and was way into getting my new camper kitted out (still am really!) so I simply let my enthusiasm cloud my judgement....

Salesville

loren85022

Explorer
If this was charged to a credit card, file a chargeback. You will need to show you received no product/services, and that the vendor made assurances and didnt deliver. I give you about 50/50 odds, Visa or MC will refund. Cant hurt to try.

Salesville

Hey Loren: Thanks for this, but VISA has a 90 day limit on this. I have already spent most of the morning with them on the phone, as well as PayPal. I am resigned to the fact I got scammed. In fact, I guess if there is a bright side, I had my 12 yr. old son help me make up all the measurements for the design I provided Mr. Warfield, and my son was excited ro see the kitchen box delivered. So my son learned a very good, but hard life-lesson from the process.

Meanwhile, back to work for me, so I can recover lost ground, but I do believe in karma! Thanks!

All best,

Salesville

kilimats

Observer
Get his address, file a police report, pay him a visit, post his phone number on craigslist for a free car (he'll get a call every minute)

Scammers need to ROT !!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles