Official thread - Maya Rally Registration Registration Details and Latest Updates

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Is a group camping site being coordinated for the pre-rally meet in Guanajuato?

yes. we have already discussed with the local (smaller) campground/parking in town but we are also looking at another spot.

we will also negotiate a deal with a local hotel for those who prefer that option.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
How many days of activities are planned for Bacalar?

well, it depends how fast you can get there and complete all the activities at the same time...

:)

Now that Overland Expo is behind us, and with all the feedback/info I gathered lately, I have a lot more exciting info to share. Give me a few days to sort all that out and summarize.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
I had thought I may be out....but I still may be in!!

A buddy of mine is coming up to JH the 25th of June to start working with me. He has 6 weeks or so to spare. Our plan; bust some ********, work a ton, make money and prep his Subaru for the End of the World!! ;)

This is basically a last ditch effort for me to make it. I simply can not afford to buy a vehicle for the rally (have not a one) and then prep it for the run plus have the funds for the event. To much on my plate for that. However, using his vehicle for the death of us all may work! :D

SFROMAN

Adventurer
My family and I are headed to the Yucatan for some exploring and relaxation for the better part of Dec.

I have travelled all over mexico when i was younger but i have never driven that far into mexico myself. Can any of you point me in the right direction for good maps.

Still on the fence about the event. although an end of the world party in Bacalar sounds great. especially since we will already be in the area.

Del

(beans)

Observer
How many spots are left at this point? I have some minor momentum that might make this possible for me!

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Hey Christian,
What are the latest numbers? Are things shaping up well?

I have not checked lately but I think we are at about 20 vehicles. To be honest, I am not sure if I want to be pushing too much on the promotion - initially I was thinking 40 vehicles but now I think 25 could be a better number. I really want people to have a great experience and I think a smaller number may be better for that.

I had another conference call with my partner in Guanajuato and we are going through different plans/activities around the area...there are a lot of great options, and a lot to do!

I can promise that it's going to be filled up...get ready to drive a lot and have all kind of adventures...

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles