Fishing pole storage?

Calplaya

Adventurer
Hey guys, I was kind of looking about on google shopping for a fishing pole rack like thing, but not quite what that search brought up. Ultimately, they did have a couple of nice choices, but what im really looking for is clip like things that you mount up to like a camper shell on the top and then it has rubber bushing things that securely hold your fishing pole without wrecking it. Does anybody know what I'm talking about? If so, could you maybe tell me where i could buy them. I'd like to put them inside my Suburban later, I know they exist, my uncles old camper shell for his F350 had them, but it came with them already attached and he dosnt know where to get them. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

Calplaya

Adventurer
ah yeah those are more like it! Elqrumpo, those ones are nice, and i found a couple like that while on google shopping but they wernt quite what i was going for, but the 2 links that DesertBoater posted are a lot more like what im looking for! thanks you guys! :D

arlon

Adventurer
I used to transport long surf rods all over the place and after trying several rack, holders and such I finally settled on a piece of 4" PVC strapped the roof rack. I made some simple felt bags to slide the rods into before sliding them into the PVC. Used a screw cap on the back with a hole for a small padlock/cable drilled in it. Just enough to keep honest people honest. Rods never suffered any damage and were always out of the way but accessible at the same time. When I got home, the rods were still stored in the PVC pipe just hung from the rafters in the garage. Took 2 minutes to move to the roof rack when I wanted to go fishing, darn cheap too.

UNI

Adventurer
Here is a picture of our rod/reel holder. We used 6" Dual Wall Polyethylene Pipe. This pipe is smooth on the inside and corrugated on the outside. For caps we used Cherne 6" Mechanical Gripper Plugs. The Cherne plugs have a rim that keep the plug from going all the way into the pipe. Slide the plug in and tighten down the wing nut for air tight/water tight plug. We keep an extendable antenna for HDTV (For Laptop) and three rods with reels in the tube.

Sun2bfre

Observer
Calplaya, I've been using the strap type rod holders in 3 different burbs and a van. It consists of a strap with loops to keep the rods separated in front and a strap with velcro fasteners to hold the butts of the rods in the rear of the burb. Works great and only about $40.00. To keep the rods from sagging and getting in the way up front, I zipper tied the front strap to a length of plastic conduit. I even used existing holes to mount them. Just my $.02. Good Luck......

Leer used to have the ones your talking about for their truck toppers. They were still a option in 2008 when I ordered on for my old F250.

FshTaco99

Adventurer
A friend of mine bought two cheap spring loaded shower curtain rods and mounted them high in his truck cap. Always seemed to keep them out of the way.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
I love my Plano Rod tube. It's 4 1/2' in diameter and the length is adjustable. I like it because all my long items fit in it and can be acessed really fast. I keep two fishing rods in it. The crank and center awning suport for the Fiamma awning in it and since my 4x4 van is tall I screewed half a broom handle onto a hand pruning saw to reach limbs on the trail. It's just really nice to have all of that long stuff controlled and in one place. This is the one I have ( http://www.cabelas.com/fishing-rod-tubes-cases-plano-rod-tube-1.shtml ) but I see they have revised it for air travel. http://www.cabelas.com/fishing-rod-tubes-cases-plano-rod-tube-2.shtml

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke