Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camp Chef Expedition 2X 2 Burner Camp Stove at Costco

They also have the camp chef outdoor camp oven for 169.99 and a nex grill for 109.99. I am starting from scratch and te wife told me I could get a stove. Is this the way to go (the camp chef model stove) or should I go with something else?
    2002 F-350, D60/D80, in the process of redoing the suspension to squeeze 37 nitto trail grapplers...other little doodads...

Got mine at Costco few years ago and paid only $99. Heavy but well built and cooks well. You'll want the side tables and bbq box though. They also have the oven which I'm thinking about picking up.

We just bought this from Costco a coupe weeks ago and LOVE it!! After trying the smaller griddle (on an entire breakfast) that came with it, we bought the full size steel griddle, now I feel like a chef. Our original intent for this stove was to take it camping but I feel we're going to get more use from it on our rear deck. Did I mention We LOVE it? Already found a restaurant supply store and bought a bunch of griddle accessories, tuner/spatulas, steam cover, etc. We still need to order the quick disconnect hose to hook the stove up to our RV's supply and eventually the carry bags.

Quote Originally Posted by brentbba View Post
    It is a good price. I've had the Expedition 3x (3 burner) with the 2 burner cast iron griddle (not the steel ones they have now), 2 burner box grill, side shelves, rolling carry case, etc. and have been contemplating selling and downsizing to this model at Costco. Larger one was great cooking for a half dozen or so dads in scouts, but for myself, it's just too much and too big. Great unit for a family!
    How long ago did you get the cast iron two burner griddle? I'd love to have one, I wonder how it differs from the steel as far as heat transfer?

Rio Rancho, New Mexico, Duchesne, Utah, USA
    I have had the 2 burner Camp Chef for about 7 years now. It is a grate stove for larger groups. It is heavy with the double griddle. I do only use it when I have the larger groups do to the weight.
    Frenchie

The longest journey taken - is the one where you do not take the first step.
    "It's nice to be important, .... but, .... it's more important to be nice"!

I aso picked up this stove from Costco. I haven't used it yet but my understanding was that it came with the carrying case.

No the case isn't included, this should be the one that fits. http://www.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-Carr...6432952&sr=8-6

I ordered the 8' RV quick connect hose yesterday. I love this stove/griddle!

Quote Originally Posted by ColtonA7X View Post
    I aso picked up this stove from Costco. I haven't used it yet but my understanding was that it came with the carrying case.
    No, mine did not come with a case.. I bought the one off amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by locknload View Post
    How long ago did you get the cast iron two burner griddle? I'd love to have one, I wonder how it differs from the steel as far as heat transfer?
    Several years ago - Costco 3x came with the cast iron griddle at the time. Can't compare a steel one as I've always tended toward the indestructable cast iron.
    Brent
    '94 White LC; Kaymar Rear Bumper w/tire carrier; Hanna Sliders; ARB winch ready Front Bumper; Slee Transfer Case Skid Plate; BFG MT KM2 285's, OME 850/863 Heavy 2" lift, INTI Rack; Warn M12000 Winch, Snorkel; Sputnik!
    TLCA Member #13420; KI6SGO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12