Camp Chef Expedition 2X 2 Burner Camp Stove at Costco

Chili

Explorer
I was at Costco yesterday and they had this for $119.99 with the 1 burner Griddle / Grill. After some quick googling it seemed like a good price so I picked one up. When I got home i ordered the carry case from Amazon for $25.

Just wanted to give a heads-up for anyone interested and to see if anyone has used one and their thoughts on it. I searched through a bunch of threads but only came across one or two posts about them.

Same as this:
http://compare.ebay.com/like/260935212035?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y

Some reviews:
http://www.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-Expedition-Double-Burner/product-reviews/B0035O37DU

Seems to be the same as this:
http://www.campchef.com/yukon-2-burner-stove.html

srgsng25

Observer
have this stove for a few years it works well we did add the bag and bulk tank hookup for our adventuring

refried

Adventurer
I have the Weekender model and it is a little heavy (32 lbs.) but If I have the room I'll take it instead of any of the others, never had any trouble trying to simmer anything or keep coffee warm but one burner is easier to control at lower temps.

brentbba

Explorer
It is a good price. I've had the Expedition 3x (3 burner) with the 2 burner cast iron griddle (not the steel ones they have now), 2 burner box grill, side shelves, rolling carry case, etc. and have been contemplating selling and downsizing to this model at Costco. Larger one was great cooking for a half dozen or so dads in scouts, but for myself, it's just too much and too big. Great unit for a family!

Honu

lost on the mainland
I have a 3x I use at home bought it at costco :) great price on the camp chef stuff when its at coscto ! so cant go wrong

great setup the 3x is a bit big for traveling saw the 2x their and nice setup if you have the room it can boil water pretty quick and seems to have decent control on the burners

I bought the unit at Costco last year along with cast iron griddle and BBQ box. Great units, I take it along in the 32' MoJo. Too big, bulky, and heavy for the MDR...YMMV. :sombrero:

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
I have the Aluminum box/stainless burner RIVER RUNNER CampChef. Two burners, legs, wind screens, large surface area and a lot of BTU power. A fine piece of equipment.

fifty

Adventurer
They also have the camp chef outdoor camp oven for 169.99 and a nex grill for 109.99. I am starting from scratch and te wife told me I could get a stove. Is this the way to go (the camp chef model stove) or should I go with something else?

wilburluvsyotas

wilburluvsyotas
Got mine at Costco few years ago and paid only $99. Heavy but well built and cooks well. You'll want the side tables and bbq box though. They also have the oven which I'm thinking about picking up.

locknload

We just bought this from Costco a coupe weeks ago and LOVE it!! After trying the smaller griddle (on an entire breakfast) that came with it, we bought the full size steel griddle, now I feel like a chef. Our original intent for this stove was to take it camping but I feel we're going to get more use from it on our rear deck. Did I mention We LOVE it? Already found a restaurant supply store and bought a bunch of griddle accessories, tuner/spatulas, steam cover, etc. We still need to order the quick disconnect hose to hook the stove up to our RV's supply and eventually the carry bags.

003Medium-2.jpg

004Medium-1.jpg

locknload

It is a good price. I've had the Expedition 3x (3 burner) with the 2 burner cast iron griddle (not the steel ones they have now), 2 burner box grill, side shelves, rolling carry case, etc. and have been contemplating selling and downsizing to this model at Costco. Larger one was great cooking for a half dozen or so dads in scouts, but for myself, it's just too much and too big. Great unit for a family!

How long ago did you get the cast iron two burner griddle? I'd love to have one, I wonder how it differs from the steel as far as heat transfer?

ColtonA7X

I aso picked up this stove from Costco. I haven't used it yet but my understanding was that it came with the carrying case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles