New to me "Trailers LTD"

puddle

Just picked this up over the weekend. From what I understand they are no longer in business, I don't know why??? this thing is built like a tank. Anyone have any info on these, such as weight, Etc.. The bed is approximately 4'x7', bigger than a 416, which is what I was looking for, but the price was too good to pass up.

Attachments

• trailer side tent  closed.jpg
    trailer side tent closed.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 40
  • tent open.jpg
    tent open.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 28
  • trailer back.jpg
    trailer back.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 24

puddle

This is from the Autohome site, pretty sure this is my trailer when new. (If this pic is in violation of some sort of copy right I will remove it)

Attachments

• 4x4HummerOpenM.jpg
    4x4HummerOpenM.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 764

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Sweet trailer and a great find. I like the double RTT on top. Perfect for giving the kids their own space.
What are the plans? keep stock or customize it to your needs? matching wheels and tires? Paint?
Keep us informed on the build.

puddle

Thanks Mark, so far after owning it for three days, I have removed and sold one of the tents (I go solo with other guys, or just me and my wife, kids are all grown). I took off the Hummer wheels and sold them, gonna put stock Tacoma wheels to match my truck along with matching the spare. Removed the 6000lb axle, going with a 3500lb axle. Trimmed the tent cross bars flush with the top of the canvas top (only one tent now, no more limb catchers) I'm gonna paint it black after removing all the surface rust. I found it near the coast so lots of misty nights over the years caused spots of surface rust, the frame is clean and solid.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
That thing is friggin awesome, I have never seen one with the dual RTT setup but I can understand why you would want to narrow it down. If you don't mind the question, how much did you pay for it?

biskit

Adventurer
Yeh looks like an M416 base, the draw bar looks to be lengthened (by how much ?) after looking at your other picture from the autohome site.:088:

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Great find man, I think I would have kept the other tent, those grand children would have loved it PaPa. Mine anything they can climb on is heaven.

Will continue to follow your build. Good luck and have fun.

puddle

That thing is friggin awesome, I have never seen one with the dual RTT setup but I can understand why you would want to narrow it down. If you don't mind the question, how much did you pay for it?

I don't want to kiss and tell, but lets just say less than $3000, Ya I got a great deal.

Skersfan, I don't even want to think about grand kids yet, eventhough my kids are 20 & 23, damn I had two kids at that age. Thanks for the reality check :)

Today got everything stripped off the trailer, axle, springs, Etc.. Blasted the rust and primed.

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Trust me the last thing on my mind when it happened. Son was 39 when he got married. I had told him get somebody prego, I do not care who, I want a grand child I can push in a stroller and one that pushes me in one. Getting close!!!!!! But we made it.

puddle

Got a little more work done while I am waiting for my Axle to arrive.
Tools mounted to the front, cleaned up the rust, cleaned up the gas can mounts, not sure what I am gonna do with the water cans, I have plastic ones I like. I found four stock wheels, only needed two but the seller would not split them up.

Attachments

• tool mount.jpg
    tool mount.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 275
  • gas can bracket.jpg
    gas can bracket.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 275
  • wheel mock up.jpg
    wheel mock up.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 274
  • water cans.jpg
    water cans.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 274

1SAR39

Looking great! How did it tow with both rtt's on there? The mrs kind of hinted that 2 would be nice. If you decide to sell those water cans, I'd be interested.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Nice work, 4 wheels is nice, 3 for the trailer and 1 extra to take up space in the garage.
Is the rack in picture 2 for the water cans? Looks like a nice simple design. I could make that.
I made a simular design for my 10# propane tank.

Nice work and keep us posted.

Attachments

• DSC05619.JPG
    DSC05619.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles