Right Angle Propane Connector - Where to Find?

kb7our

Explorer
Anyone know where I can find a bulk LP hose or an adapter that enables the device end of the hose to thread onto the device at a right angle? The tank end can be straight through and although all the extension hoses I have seen have straight attachments at the device end, I sure could use one with a right angle adapater or a separate adapater that attaches to the hose end then the device.

kb7our

Explorer
Thanks for the suggestions. I've mostly tried online sources without success so far. Having an RV myself I figured a local shop might have something but so far no luck finding an elbow connector for the device end of a bulk extension hose. There has to be one somewhere!

Treenail

Adventurer
I was looking for some fittings and found...hard to believe this...that Ben Franklin had great prices. Find them on line.

Tom

kb7our

Explorer
Still not seeing the correct fitting. I appreciate all the suggestions very much and perhaps I may not have been clear enough on what I'm seeking so I will use a different example. I want an elbow/right angle LP fitting that will work with a 1lb disposable propane bottle. Picture the bottle mounted to a source horizontal/sideways rather than vertical and that's where I need the elbow, although at the "device end" of a typical bulk extension hose where the other end is attached to larger tank. Hope this helps and I'll keep looking at the suggestions. This is not a HUGE deal if I cannot find one, just seems like there should be one. And no I don't intend to try and run a tank in the horizontal position although I realize some of them are made to do that. Portable devices like Heater Buddy and some BBQ grills that have vertical connections is the end where I want to attach the elbow to an extension hose that can then come off the device horizontally. Clear as mud!

Bob N

Trying to use the 1 lb bottles laying on their side instead of vertical is asking for trouble. If you do that you are likely to get liquid propane at the burner rather than vapor. Very dangerous! The disposables and the typical 20 # cylinders are only intended to be used in the vertical.

kb7our

Explorer
OK..I did some homework for you.

This set of fittings should work:

http://www.benfranklin.com/item/sporting-goods/camping-equipment/camping-lanterns?sku=HH-08400574

You can get the end pieces with gas fitting threads and pipe fitting connectors and build whatever connection you need.

A gas supply company should have bins full of what you need. And...advice about the safest way to accomplish what you want.

Tom

Tom, yes this is getting really close - thanks so much. Now I just need to couple the elbow to the bulk hose adapter to extend the distance from the device end to the bulk tank and that's exactly what I need. Refering to the picture, left side of hose end without the black screw handle attached to the top of the elbow - ever seen a hose like that?Wade
Bulk Hose.jpgElbow.jpg[

Last edited:
Have you tried your friendly neighborhood gas man. I used to deliver propane back east, and the service guys had all kind of fittings. we used to make up rubber hoses for bbq and RVs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz