Help with new has struts/lifts for AT Chaser

SoCal_80

Explorer
Just added a new EA Globetrotter tent to the Chaser and the current lifts are unable to deal with the added weight. I believe the tent comes in at 225lbs with the changing room. Should I get 250lbs lifts? Either way does anyone know the best source for these? And specifically, does anyone model I might need? Much thanks!

Sean

gabepari

Explorer
Just added a new EA Globetrotter tent to the Chaser and the current lifts are unable to deal with the added weight. I believe the tent comes in at 225lbs with the changing room. Should I get 250lbs lifts? Either way does anyone know the best source for these? And specifically, does anyone model I might need? Much thanks!

Sean

Sean, when you come by for the new hubs on the trailer we'll measure the weight of the lid and order up some struts. Easy peasy!

Gabe

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Sean, if the trailer didn't have a tent on it initially it may be a matter of just moving the struts from the hole on the left side of the lid to the hole on the right side. This produces more mechanical advantage and lifts the lid with more ease.

We have some used struts at the shop, if you're interested I can look to see what we have for a Chaser.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz