Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: newb looking to replace old earthmate pn-20, which way to go...

...the panhandle...and it is wonderful!!!
    i like that...what's the specifics on your setup?

...noticed your signature...
    Sola Scriptura
    Sola Fide
    Sola Gratia
    Solus Christus
    Soli Deo gloria

www.alwaysbeready.com

Quote Originally Posted by sweet trav View Post
    i like that...what's the specifics on your setup?

...noticed your signature...
    I think I covered it in the video. There have been some minor changes like iPad2 now and I swapped to a modified Motorola NNTN9275 bracket. I have wheeled hard with this setup and no failures of any kind.

RobRed converted me upon seeing his post. I have a first gen Wifi only Ipad. Today, I added a Dual XPGPS150 and the Motion X app...
    WOW, nice functionality, sharp looking maps, great in-car navigation. Took me longer to unpack it than to download the app and pair the GPS with the IPAD. Very good bang for the buck IMHO. Looking forward to testing it out on the trail sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by agavelvr View Post
    RobRed converted me upon seeing his post. I have a first gen Wifi only Ipad. Today, I added a Dual XPGPS150 and the Motion X app...
    WOW, nice functionality, sharp looking maps, great in-car navigation. Took me longer to unpack it than to download the app and pair the GPS with the IPAD. Very good bang for the buck IMHO. Looking forward to testing it out on the trail sometime!
    Finally got some time on the trail with this setup. Amazing. The Dual XPGPS 150 came with a silicone like holder intended on keeping the unit on the dash. I was leary about its ability to hold the gps on a rough trail...wow, I was wrong. I didn't move an inch while we bounced around corregated, rutted roads today.

Unfortunatley, the same can not be said for the Joy Factory mount that I tried out. It looked so promissing and well crafted. Taking a hard right turn on pavement results in the IPAD doing a leaning tower of Pisa impression. It is a total failure for offroad applications, had to wrap some towels around the base to keep it from moving too much. I'm emailing the manufacture to see if I did something wrong, but my guess is that it is intended for smooth roads only.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12