Straightening M416

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
The sheetmetal is pretty thin and easy to work. The tube substructure is a little tougher. It depends on how bad it is but it's probably just as easy to cut out he old tube substructure and replace it with new. It's just 1" tubing IIRC. You can up the wall thickness to help support the weight while you're at it.

46flattie

Observer
Somebody has pictures on here of their build and what they did to straighten the rim...hopefully they'll chime in and direct you to their thread. I think it was fairly recently in the past few months. Good luck!

D

Deleted member 43491

Depending on if the tube is open on one end ( sadly mine is) I would think pushing a metal or wood rod thru or up to the bent portion of course with a little bending involved it should straighten the rim. Or I'll second the 2 x 4's and a couple of vices!

95RRC

Adventurer
If you have a hi lift jack, place the foot on one side, and the arm on the other side and ratchet away, that will straighten on the tub easy. If your issue is just on one side of the tub, use the same method, just put the "good" side up against your garage, if brick, and then use your truck bumper as the stand side, then lever away....not the prettiest way - but works extremely well!!

If you dont have one - borrow one - or buy one - You will need it one day!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles