Satan's Lavatory~ 92 Cummins

oldestof11

Observer
I know Andrew and love the beer he brings. :friday: Contemplated sled pulling, even did a couple, but didn't want to really spend the big money to make it good "enough". I like drag racing so I may still keep doing that but the more the wife and I talked, the more we want to go to the Grand Canyon, Rockies, Smokies, etc to see the US. Well, being cheap as we are, flying and staying in hotels is not in the budget. She wont camp on the ground but doesn't mind sleeping in the back of the truck. So I got the go ahead to get bigger tires, a capper (may have one lined up!), inflatable bed, some amenities.

Truck is a 1992 Cummins, 4200 rpm spring, DennyT stage 1 fuel pin, 33x12.5x16.5 tires/wheels, 4.10s, stock ride height. Plan on 37's, cross over steering, lockers front and back, either fixing the A/C (Very highly advised by the wife) or using it for air, either a tighter turbo housing or HE351CW, rebuilding the clutch.

Story on the name. I just bought it, it had a DennyT 2 pin in it, speedo not working. Going through a construction zone, 1 lane, the idiot entering the highway tries to move over into me. I floor it to get it to move. I blacked out my poor wife who was riding my tail with the windows open. The phone call was very loud, expletive, and said my truck smelled like Satan's Lavatory.

Here is some poser photos.

20120310143608.jpg

20120310143439.jpg

20120310143418.jpg

20120310143428.jpg

The berm is about 3' tall. This was at my in-laws place.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
By Andrew, I assume you mean the omnipotent Cummins puller named "Pulltilbroke". Nice rig. Your plans sound just right!

Rot Box

Explorer
Nice and welcome. My 92 had the same color scheme :bike_rider:

I swapped a 12cm wastegated exhaust housing (in place of the worthless 21cm) on mine and it was probably the best thing I ever did to the ol' girl.

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Nice to see you joined up over here Jon. Instead of running 2.6 or any of the "Big" classes keep it simple and fun and run street class, Thats what my plans are. Last year in the street classes if I didn't bounce I was always in the top 3 or 4, and I can still drive my truck across the country at a moments notice. I just cant quit pullin, been in my blood too long( been pulling somthing with a motor since I was 10)

Speaking of beer as I type this I just opens up my 3rd Schells Firebrick. MMMmmm tasty.

Heres a ew pics I snapped of Jons truck when we convoyed to Indiana for a 1stgen GTG

Jons truck is in there somewhere
SOP8094.jpg

SOP8038.jpg

SOP8028.jpg

SOP8010.jpg

BTW if you dig 1stgens and have the time and means to make it to IN in October it is well worth it. Lots of good food, I bring good beer, lots of good people and lots of laughs. And if your around Saturday Me and Bill usually have lots of gas after friday nights chili. Blazing Saddles kinda gas.:coffeedrink:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Welcome to the site Jon, and thanks for posting up with those wicked pics of your Dodge. On the note of beer,:beer: I thought I would throw this pic at ya to let you know I am in the game.....
DSC04809.jpg

And by the way, nice name for your truck.....:)

Ridge Runner

Delta V
we want to go to the... Smokies

I would strongly recommend that you check out the Big South Fork instead. It's not as big and not as developed as the Smokies, but you get to see pretty much the same stuff without having to deal with the crowds. I haven't been to the Smokies in 20 years since tourism has ruined it for a lot of us, but whenever I get the chance I'll run over to the BSF to camp or hike.

IMG_0092 (1024x768).jpgIMG_0455 (1024x768).jpgIMG_0497 (768x1024).jpg

oldestof11

Observer
Thanks all!

Andrew, the local "street" class is 2.6"... And there are 600hp daily drivers in them.

BSF, I will check that out!

Ridge Runner

Delta V
Thanks. Yeah, it's got me spoiled. Where I live, I can hop on my mountain bike and be in the park in half an hour. However, the land is the only redeeming feature of this place. lol

DoMiNiC1

Adventurer
1gen 12v is on my very short list of project trucks after my dmax is paid off...

I think they are ugly as sin and dripping with personality. Like an old war vet, tough as nails, stubborn as hell, full of old man strength, stiff, and go down fighting. lol

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Thanks all!

Andrew, the local "street" class is 2.6"... And there are 600hp daily drivers in them.

BSF, I will check that out!

Well then you just gotta get the chassis set up right, I can hang right in there with 600 hp trucks with my lowly 307hp. Its not how much power you make its how much you get to the ground.

oldestof11

Observer
Well then you just gotta get the chassis set up right, I can hang right in there with 600 hp trucks with my lowly 307hp. Its not how much power you make its how much you get to the ground.

IDK if I want to keep up pulling is the big thing. If I ultimately don't, then I am going to get Hummer 37's and opening the wheel wells. If not, then 265/75/R16 AT for a balanced look...

Today about 10min before work let out, my pager goes off for a old guy who fell and broke his hip. No big deal, clock out, lock up, head out. I just get out of the neighboring town and turned on my lights. 1 blue and wigwags. Well, this town I work in and the town I am an EMT at are 5 miles apart. They share the 3 schools between them for K-6, 7-8 (really small school), and highschool. The highschool had just let out. So I am doing 63mph (everyone else was doing 60ish) and cars are politely pulling over... Till a friken teen in a 2nd Gen slows down and as soon as I was just getting up to his rear bumper, he guns it. No big deal, I had the drop on him. The idiot would NOT LET ME OVER laughing the WHOLE TIME! I got pissed. I took my blue light off the velcro I had it on, pointed it at him, and glared. His light bulb finally came on. He slows down and let me in front of him. Then proceeds to tailgate me doing jack-rabbit throttle blowing smoke all over everyone behind him.

Then I decide to do a stack-ectomy as I scored a pristine aluminum cap for the truck for free. The idiot who put it on clamped it, and WELDED BOTH SIDES OF THE CLAMP! Ugh. The then wire feed weld tip clogged up. I got the end tacked up so it won't move till tomorrow hopefully.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior