Adventure Trailer

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Yes, it was at a show where I was told it was for sale and the coachbuilder, SoCal Teardrops, put me in touch with Mario, who agreed, too. Unfortunately, I didn't have a contract for the Teardrop, neither the coachbuilder or AT ever asked for one, nor did they ask for money--I did offer money--I assume because it was in the middle of a weekend outdoor display and AT was in the throes of moving to Arizona, but, had either asked for a contract, I would have been all over that. Thought I learned a lesson on that one, but, it appears I was trusting enough to cut a verbal deal on the Chaser I bought. Whew... glad that guy didn't renege.
I suppose the following paraphrase might be appropriate: "You can trust some of the people all of the time, you can trust all of the people some of the time, but you can't trust all of the people all of the time."
Anyway, it's moot now; history. Happy to hear you gave the gentleman his money back.

It's situations such as this that make the agreement so important. You obviously thought you were offering money to secure the purchase of a trailer. We on the other hand thought you were talking about buying a trailer. 75% of potential customer talk about buying a trailer, 25% move forward to purchasing and the sale is never considered final until the agreement is signed.

There was a communication breakdown. Communication has three parts Transmission, Reception and Feedback. You transmitted, we received, but there was no feedback the the message was understood. In my opinion it's not a matter of trust, it's a matter of communication.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior