Quick Hella 4000 Wiring Question

PW_SD

Addicted
Hi Guys.
I'm installing a pair of new Hella 4000 Euro-beams. I can't seem to fit the brown ground wire to where I think it is supposed to go. It appears the crimp'd copper barrel should fit over the post/lug on the back of the lamp mount but the fit is too tight for it to go on.

Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong??

Thanks!

richxd87

Observer
the copper barrel fits pretty tight over the post. maybe try to open it up some with a screw driver and crimp it back tight with some pliers once its on there? I know i had to loosen the copper barrel to get it off the post.

irish_11

Explorer
You might have better luck in the general vehicle modification section. This is forsale. That being said if you have a small flathead screwdriver you might have some lick opening the crimp up a bit.

The Rover Shop

Explorer
the copper barrel fits pretty tight over the post. maybe try to open it up some with a screw driver and crimp it back tight with some pliers once its on there? I know i had to loosen the copper barrel to get it off the post.
X2.. I actually just installed 4 of them and I finished up just tapping it down with a small hammer..it folds the top over but goes down just fine...not sure about opening it up and then reclosing once on as it wont have the tension effect on the post..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles