Nice hundie ^ where was that last picture taken?
Nice hundie ^ where was that last picture taken?
Here is more http://forum.tlcfaq.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=43
2000 Land Cruiser 100 Series | 1996 White LX [SOLD]
My Land Cruiser Build
Land Cruiser 100 Series Blog: TLCFAQ.Com | How-To's - Reference Materials - Product Tests - Dozens of Write Ups
1. Year, model, color, etc:1999 Lexus LX 470 Golden Pearl Clearcoat
2. Name of owner/screen name: Mark/ ljkup
3. How long have you owned your 100 series? 6 months
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: 103,000/ 108,000
5. Your favorite mods... If any: Slee Hi Lift mount/ running board removal/ 295/75/16 BFG ATs
6. How your 100 is used....Ski vehicle, camping expeditions
7. Your favorite photos:
Last edited by ljkup; 12-14-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Always behind the times, I just realized I haven't posted up my Hundred's information:
It's a 2005 Lexus LX470 in Granite Grey. I've had this one for a year, but previously had a 2000 LX470 for a couple of years. As I've posted in a couple of other places, I was surprised to conclude that the 2005 seems to have noticeably better performance. There's a few more horsepower, and an additional gear in the transmission, and they seem to matter.
I got the 2005 with about 92,000 miles and have put on another 10K.
My goal was to build a stealthy expedition mall crawler, so I intentionally kept everything as stock-looking as possible, with very little in the way of exterior mods. If I'm doing anything challenging, I've got my winch on a receiver plate that I can take along, a roof rack for moving the spare and taking more tools, and can put on more aggressive tires. The one thing I couldn't keep stock was the fiberglass running boards which would be very easy to break, so a set of Metal Tech sliders was put on.
Inside, however, there's been extensive work to create a workable camper out of the back end. There's a big battery, and inverter/charger, water and waster water tanks, a sink and faucet, multiple AC and DC outlets and plenty of room to sleep comfortably. My favorite mod is the way the sleeping platform folds so that I've been able to keep the stock second row seating. Given that we use the truck as my daily driver, sometimes with up to four people, it was an important design criteria to keep that seating intact. But I also use the truck as a solo backcountry camper, and it works well for that, too.
There's a fairly detailed build thread focusing on the rear cabin conversion here:
2007/2012 custom Jeep Rubicon EartthRoamer motorhome
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
2003 Mercedes 2500 mid/tall Sprinter camper
2006 Honda PS250 Big Ruckus Expedition Scooter
1996/2002 Honda XR600R highly-modded
1. Year, model, color, etc: 1998 UZJ100 River Rock Mica
2. Name of owner/screen name: Andy sn: AWKRAGT
3. How long have you owned your 100 series? Is this your first? Bought it Nov 2011, This is my first one.
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: Purchase: 208K Now: 225K
5. Your favorite mods... If any: The ease of the torsion bars for height adjustment is awesome.
6. How your 100 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc.: DD for my wife, family adventure
7. Your 3 favorite photos (keep them updated): I seriously need to take some more photos. Jeep is still the primary vehicle for getting muddy and tight trails.
8. Link to your build thread: In my signature.
Last edited by Awkragt; 04-23-2013 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Changed Photos
1. Year, model, color, etc: 2004 LX470 Pearl White
2. Name of owner/screen name: Chuck
3. How long have you owned your 100 series? Is this your first? 2 weeks. This is my 2nd 100. I'm back, officially!
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: purchased - 41,899, currently 41,926
5. Your favorite mods... If any: Removing PO's brush guard and running boards!
6. How your 100 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc.: All of the above
7. Your 3 favorite photos (keep them updated): Update 7/16
8. Link to your build thread: 'Mud Build Thread
Last edited by ChuckB; 08-06-2012 at 03:42 PM.
1. Year, model, color, etc: 2001, Silver
2. Name of owner/screen name: Paul Gardner
3. How long have you owned your 100 series? Is this your first? Almost 2 years, my first cruiser
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: 114,000 at purchase now at 130,000 and change
5. Your favorite mods... If any: OME Med Suspension
6. How your 100 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc.: Family Backcountry Adventures
7. Your 3 favorite photos (keep them updated): Some how more than three images showed up. Ill try to fix it.
8. My current build thread is on Mud. I need to move it over to here as well.
2001 Silver UZJ100, OME860, OME T-bars, BIOR Diff Drop, 295/75R16 BFG All Terrain's
Last edited by Pit Elevated; 09-06-2012 at 01:29 AM.
98 UZJ 100 Built SOLD
1. 2004 Toyota Land Cruiser Black
3. 2.5 years, owned a 1997 80-Series prior to the 100
4. Purchased with 107k, currently 158k
5. ARB front bumper, it just makes the LC stand out
6. 4x4 trails, FS roads, camping, city driving