ExPo 100 Series Registry

zerimar

New to me 100 Series

1. Year, model, color, etc: 2002, 100 Series, River Rock
2. Name of owner/screen name: Lawrence/Zerimar
3. How long have you owned your 100 series? Is this your first? Owned for two days. Yes, this is my first.
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: 139,400 miles
5. Your favorite mods... If any: Metaltech 4x4 sliders, by previous owner
6. How your 100 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc.: DD and family adventure rig
7. Your 3 favorite photos (keep them updated): None yet but will update soon.
8. Link to your build thread: None yet...

Nikson

Explorer
2003 LX470

1. 2003 Lexus LX470
2. Name of owner/screen name: Nikson
3. How long have you owned your 100 series? Is this your first? Owned for couple of months, this is first one.
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: 144000/146000
5. Your favorite mods... If any: Snorkel, Optima YellowTop, BFG A/Ts 285/65R18
6. How your 100 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc.: DD & Overland Travel
7. Your 3 favorite photos (keep them updated): posted
8. Link to your build thread: Once its completed, will put up a thread...

IMG_8368-14.jpg

IMG_8370-16.jpg

IMG_8363-11.jpg

MtnAddict

1. Year, model, color, etc: 2002 UZJ100, Thundercloud
2. Name of owner/screen name: MtnAddict
3. How long have you owned your 100 series? Is this your first? Second Cruiser, owned since 2009
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: Bought: 77,000 Current: 117,000
5. Your favorite mods: If any: 4.88s
6. How your 100 is used: Non DD, family camping/wheeling rig
7. Some photos:
CO
1.jpg
UT
2.jpg
CO
3.JPG

Virizi

1. 2003 Lexus LX470
2. Name of owner/screen name: Nikson
3. How long have you owned your 100 series? Is this your first? Owned for couple of months, this is first one.
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: 144000/146000
5. Your favorite mods... If any: Snorkel, Optima YellowTop, BFG A/Ts 285/65R18
6. How your 100 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc.: DD & Overland Travel
7. Your 3 favorite photos (keep them updated): posted
8. Link to your build thread: Once its completed, will put up a thread...

IMG_8368-14.jpg

IMG_8370-16.jpg

IMG_8363-11.jpg

Nice Shot of the 470 next to the Peter Iredale ship wreck. I live about 10 minutes from it in Astoria. Just got my first LC (upgrading from 3rd Gen 4runner) and have put a lot of miles on this beach over the years.

Creature

Observer
1.jpg

Just picked up my first 100 series! Very excited, can't believe how much more power it has than my '93 80 series.
1. Year, model, color, etc: 1999, LC, silver
2. Name of owner/screen name: Creature (Eric)
3. How long have you owned your 100 series? Less than a week
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: 136,9xx
5. Your favorite mods... If any:
6. How your 100 is used....Camping, semi-daily driver
7. Your 3 favorite photos: don't have 3 yet, will get some more soon
8: Build Thread coming

ameridorian1961

1. Year, model, color, etc: 2000 LC
2. Name of owner/screen name: ameridorian1961
3. How long have you owned your 100 series? Less than a week
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: 115,000, 118,500
5. Your favorite mods... If any: Stock.
6. How your 100 is used....Camping, semi-daily driver.
7. Your 3 favorite photos:
8: Build. Had to go to Seattle to find a clean low miles, one owner, documented maint. history series 100. Never driven a LC until this one. Gave it a trial run up the Alcan. I'm sold. Much more luxurious and powerful than the Prados I have driven in SA. Or the 2000 4runner we have owned forever(only 80k miles & clean so can't bear to sell it). Opened it up to 100 mph and it was smooth as glass. Should have bought one of these years ago. Plan is to build over the next 3-5 years with thought going into every detail of build to travel the globe ( 55 vs 58 retirement). I have a vision but I am sure that will evolve. After the run up the Alcan I have decided a good bet might be to use a small self contained travel trailer to explore the USA & Canada. We will shed that right before we hit Mexico. Then all of CA & SA using a condo we own in Ecuador as a SA home base. Then off to Europe, Asia, Africa & Australia. At least that's the plan including a website.
1rst thing to start with is the gross loaded vehicle weight and work backwards. I am going to install a OME suspension system with a small lift. Anyone know where I can find that information or where to ask that question about what the maximum weight considerations should be and how to build your way to that goal? Since I learned on this site that its easy to overload these I figured to start there. My wish list might have to be toned down weight wise. Bought a ARB Engal 45 with slider tray on CL a month ago for $400 before I even bought the rig. Just to prime the money pit.

Attachments

• LC 1.jpg
    LC 1.jpg
    580.6 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Rumpig

Adventurer
1. Year, model, color, etc: 2002 HZJ 105 series Landcruiser, White
2. Name of owner/screen name: Mal, Rumpig
3. How long have you owned your 100 series?Is this your first? First Landcruiser and owned since 2005
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: bought with 47 000 klms on the clock, current has about 210 000 klms on it
5. Your favorite mods... If any: was a 6 seater, i got rid of the passenger 3/4 seat and added bucket seats and a centre console instead.
6. How your 100 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc.:up until about a month ago it was my daily driver and work tow vehicle, now it's strictly a touring / play / weekends away vehicle for the family
7. Your 3 favorite photos (keep them updated): see pics below
8. Link to your build thread:no build thread sorry to say

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
The vehicle formerly known as the Equipt 100 Series

20141025_092023.jpgP6271110.jpgView attachment 234172IMG_8634.jpgOkay this is kind of a repost from page one. This is the vehicle formerly know as the Equipt 100 Series. I am it's proud new owner/caretaker. I'm in the process of putting my own little touches on it to suit my needs. Here's the skinny...
1. Year, model, color, etc: 1999 100 series Landcruiser, White
2. Name of owner/screen name: Ryan, "Yuman Desert Rat
3. How long have you owned your 100 series? Is this your first? First Landcruiser and owned since June 2014
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: bought with 278,000ish on the clock, current has about 281,000ish
5. Your favorite mods... If any: It's already pretty well "Equipt" I do love having about 1000 mile of range. TheTembo tusk/National luna fridge combo is is pretty nice. I'll update this as my mod list evolves.
6. How your 100 is used... ie. DD, family adventure, overland travel, etc.: All purpose rig. Sometimes a daily driver, sometimes a kayak transport, sometimes a traveling gourmet kitchen, sometimes a getaway camping vehicle. Just driving to and from work is an adventure unto itself so "ADVENTURE RIG" IS A GIVEN, LOL.
7. Your 3 favorite photos (keep them updated): Not favorites but it's what I have so far....
8. Link to your build thread: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/67246-Equipt-s-Land-Cruiser-100-Series

Last edited:

jdlobb

Adventurer
My first post, I just officially acquired my 1998 Land Cruiser today. I traded my 2004 Chevy Trailblazer with my parents for the Land Cruiser. My mom bought it from my uncle last year, but has had a hard time getting in and out of it. We agreed to swap temporarily, and I fell in the love with the "Cruiser" and she much prefers the Trailblazer, so today we agreed to make the swap permanent.

1. Year, model, color, etc: 1998, tan
2. Name of owner/screen name: Jon
3. How long have you owned your 100 series? I've been driving it for 2 weeks, but finalized the trade this week.
4. Mileage at date of purchase and present mileage: 186,xxx
5. Your favorite mods... If any: I still need to dig through the paperwork and figure out what has been done to it. My uncle, who owned it prior, modified it, but I don't know to what extent. The only major modification I'm aware of so far are the long-tube headers and exhaust, but I think there are suspension and drivetrain upgrades as well.
6. How your 100 is used....Daily driver, hopefully camping and off-roading soon

I'm still not 100% sure that this is going to be a "long term" vehicle, but it could be. I like it much more than I was honestly expecting, considering the age, and I'm hoping to get it off road soon. If I've still got it after the end of the year I'll start outfitting it for travel in the spring. I live in Dallas, and I'd like to make a long trip down to Big Bend and a trip out into west Texas next year. It'll probably get at least an ARB front bumper and an ARB roof rack.
landcruiser1.jpg

Last edited:

bjornod

Toyota Landcruiser 44" mod

1. 1999, 4.2 Turbo diesel, Automatic.
2. bjornod
3. Owned Landcruiser 60, 80 and now 100 for four years.
4. Driven 170.000 km
5. Its all in favorite
6. Used from the Kindergarden to highest glaciers in Iceland.
Pics ;

20140215_124934.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles