4bt diesel CJ based pickup truck

dustin_mud

Observer
Always loved both of your rigs, I been stocking your builds over on pirate. If I can get my cj5 with the camper sold I want to start a cj truck build.

gavan

Observer
I am just surprised you can get in the 20s doing 70-75mph...

20ish means 20, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. Dodge trucks with a 6BT can get similar mileage with cleaner aero but bigger, heavier and 2 more cyls. Its not too crazy out of line. Solidly in the 20s would be awesome but probably impossible without a bunch of modifications!

gavan

Observer
Thanks! I need to do another build thread on the CJ7. It grew from 44s and 35s to custom axles and 40s...

jpat30

Adventurer
Awesome ride, I love it. I have always really dug the "odd ball" jeeps like the CJ 10A. Very cool to see another SE TX jeeper on here too.

jtpaintball70

Adventurer
This is the second CJ10 conversion I've seen and I'm in love. I want one of them so bad... Too bad I don't have any fab skills or a real place to work on vehicles.

motas

Adventurer
Looks awesome man, might have to take some inspiration for my tub/tray. No trailers available around here though

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

gavan

Observer
Looks awesome man, might have to take some inspiration for my tub/tray. No trailers available around here though

I would really like the factory bed which not available here.. but shipping would suck!

motas

Adventurer
Factory beds looks awesome but even here they are very rare and expensive. Ive seen a couple sell for over $2000. My whole vehicle cost $7000!

twiisted71

Adventurer
Gavan, how'd you balance your tires and are you running any beadlocks? We've PM'ed a few times (my build is taking forever though!). I'm building very similar but sticking with the CJ7/YJ tub. If the nuttiness in our country continues to escalate in my opinion my Jeep may well end up with some foreign plates once done!:sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne