Decisions, Decisions...

RacerX29

I'm considering selling my 2000 Chevy Suburban 2500 6.0 4x4. It's been a great vehicle over the years & miles (approx 230K), but I'm thinking it's time to move on. I don't need as much size any longer, and between the gas & repairs, I'm looking forward to something with better mileage while having excellent expedition potential. The decision part - what should to I get next? I'm leaning towards either a Jeep Grand Cherokee or Toyota 4Runner (probably around a 2005 to 2008 vintage due to cost). This vehicle will be used as both a daily driver and escape pod - mostly beach camping on the Texas coast and trips to Big Bend with the occasional trip to the mountains. Not looking for a rock crawler or dune buggy. Just solid, reliable daily transportation that doubles as an expedition chariot. My question is, which would you recommend & why? Have another idea - what is it? What should I be on the look out for, both good & bad?

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I would look for a 01-04 Grand Cherokee v8 with the 242 part-time transfer case. Plenty of power if you need it and nice ride quality.

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Well the biggest issue I see will be interior space...you will be limited with both the Grand and the 4R.....coming from a large SUV you will notice the difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles