REI Member Appreciation on Fri. March 23 20% OFF

zeke2.0

Adventurer
Thanks for posting this. If that applies to a Delorme P60w, that would be a great savings.
REI does sell equipment for "car camping".

Last edited:

ab1985

Explorer
I made my first comment off the cuff and didn't mean anything by it. I'm kind of a nut about buying local, but I understand shopping the big box places for a discount, too. I apologize, I didn't mean to offend.

IZZYDUSIT

Adventurer
Its great to buy at REI use something for season and if you don't like it or a new version comes out you can take it back!!

No free lunch!
The one who think like that are part f the reason that they price their items higher then competition.
I can understand returning an item that did not meet its advertise purpose or quality, but "updating" to a newer model, and returning it solely on this merit really bugs me..

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
No free lunch!
The one who think like that are part f the reason that they price their items higher then competition.
I can understand returning an item that did not meet its advertise purpose or quality, but "updating" to a newer model, and returning it solely on this merit really bugs me..
Agreed. Some people don't see such things as abuses of the spirit of their customer service policy. It is. As a retailer, we see it all the time. We had a guy return a 20 year old Patagonia jacket because it didn't "repel water." Patagonia gave him a new jacket and BECAUSE of that, this guy felt he was doing nothing wrong. Shameless.

Some people.

mudbutt

Explorer
Where are you guys seeing this? I want to look and see if it would apply to a new GoPro... But i'm not finding any info on the web.

I looked around also and couldn't find anything either. I'll stop by on my way home tonight and see first hand.

kb7our

Explorer
Agreed. Some people don't see such things as abuses of the spirit of their customer service policy. It is. As a retailer, we see it all the time. We had a guy return a 20 year old Patagonia jacket because it didn't "repel water." Patagonia gave him a new jacket and BECAUSE of that, this guy felt he was doing nothing wrong. Shameless.

Some people.

Some people just feel entited on someone else's $. Thanks for stating what I was thinking. As for not wanting to offend anyone, that's nearly impossible. Abusers generally know who they are and as I figure they were simply not taught some things in life or don't care to learn. Looking to pick up an Alcove Shelter wall set on Friday using my points and the discount!

GFA

Adventurer
Just got my dividend statement along with two 20% coupons. One for regular priced items and one for the close out items.

I've known about the Sierra club support for some time but they treat their employees right which is more important IMO... They are #8 in the top 100 companies to work for for a reason

I have also taken advantage of the 100% satisfaction guarantee a few times but have felt guilty each time. One was for a pair of $220 asolo boots. The pair I had owned prior was the best of any footwear I had ever owned, the pair I returned was at the bottom of my list. I tried on and off for two years to break them in as often as my feet could handle it. Finally, I decided a $220 pair of shoes shouldn't hurt so bad. They did get my money back though in the form of another pair of boots and other odds and ends.

The second was a big Agnes insulated air core mattress. It was used once and packed away for two years. On my next hiking trip, it wouldn't hold air for more than an hour. There were pin hole sized leaks all over it and was not worth trying to repair so it went back. Was it out of its manufacturers warranty? Yeah, but that's the reason I like REI. A company that stands behind the products it sells even when the manufacturer won't is a business model I wish other corporations would follow.

syncrodoka

Adventurer
Is this a one day sale?

it is a REI member annual perk that they include with the dividend notice. If you are a member mention that you want to apply the 20% off to your item, if you are a member they usually ask if you want to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles