Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My new ZJ Expedition Rig

Default My new ZJ Expedition Rig

Here is my 1996 ZJ Expo rig. Its got the 5.2, Dana 44 rear w limited slip and 3.73 gears. I started w the interior mods, electronics and upgrades first then moved to the exterior. It consist of a 2 1/4 in lift, 31 in Wrangler Authoritys on Cragar Soft 8s, Safari rack w spare and Hi-Lift jack mounted and a set of lights forward facing and one rearward. I also have a rear recvr mounted shackle . Its come quite a ways in 3 months. Have alot more to do. I have a front winch bumper w 9000lb winch and rock sliders on the way and a home built tcase and tranny skid. Ive also got a set of Swamper Trxus on white rockcrawlers for real wheeling. I have a spare tire/fuel can carrier that i just built the other day. Well here are the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by xjman88; 06-07-2012 at 02:41 AM.

The interior pics. And a few of my old xj trail rig. Also a pic of the bumper im getting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by xjman88; 03-16-2012 at 01:11 AM.

I love the rear shelf, nice rig.
    Car Camping Extraordinaire!

Thanks man. Where in Co are u from. We used to live in the Springs. We miss it out there. Want to go back.

North of Denver. I tried to put a shelf in, it was crap. I am going to modify it for Grand Slam West June 7-10th in Moab.

Cool man. U ever wheel down near the Springs area? We used to run Eagle Rock and Saran Wrap every weekend and also headed up to China Wall quite often. Lots of great wheelin there. Im finding lots here in Maine along w awesome fishing and expo type wheeling. The pic of my old xj is what i wheeled in Co. We left there in 06.

I have not wheeled down that way, those are on a todo list for sure. I tend to keep more north (and west).

Like what you have here. ZJ is lookin real good

Thanks man. Ive been busy the last couple of days rebuilding the rear cargo area. Are u going to the Spring Fling on Sat? If so hope to see u there.

Well i rebuilt my rear cargo shelf to accomodate me being able to mount my spare on the stock mount in back. It also has a rear door that pulls up and doubles as table and has 2 support legs that fold down. I also got my air compressor and power inverter mounted and wired up. Took the ZJ out wheelin this weekend and we fared quite well. Pics to follow.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast