My new ZJ Expedition Rig

xjman88

Adventurer
I had some time today to troubleshoot why my Hella 500s weren't working. After running all new wiring, new grounds and a switch they are working like new. I guess after running them the last 5 yrs and on 3 different rigs it was time for new wiring. Ill get some pics up tomorrow.

xjman88

Adventurer
I had some time today to finish up the utility light on my tire carrier, fab up a new fuel can mount/install it and a couple other things. Heres a couple pics.IMAG0132.jpgIMAG0133.jpgIMAG0135.jpgIMAG0136.jpg For now i just have a 2 gal fuel can on the mount.

Last edited:

xjman88

Adventurer
Installed new Doeshtech shocks and steering stabilizer today. Rides and handles alot better. Headin upcountry tomorrow for 5 days.

xjman88

Adventurer
So after the 5 day trip into the Maine back country and encountering plenty of mud, rocks and decent trails along with an 1 1/2 drive, the zj performed great. The Duratracs handled awesome and the new shocks were great. So no compaints here. Stay tuned as i have a couple small projects in place.

xjman88

Adventurer
I took some time today to sand down and redo the bedliner on my sliders and front bumper. Came out looking good. Will get some pics tomorrow.

Singlespeed92

Observer
Nice :D If I want comfort like that,LOL,I have to borrow the wife's Camry,LOL :yikes: My XJ has power windows/locks,cruise control and (non-working) a/c,but that's about it for creature comforts. I likes it though. My aunt had a ZJ,I loved that thing (always wanted to build it...). Actually,the day I bought my XJ,I was there to look at a really nice ZJ,but after driving it (it had some semi-serious driving issues) I knew it wasn't my Jeep. I was really nice (other than it's mechanical issues),fully loaded,5.2L,power leather seats/etc,would have made an awesome rig :)

xjman88

Adventurer
I mounted a Fiskars brush axe and a molle pouch that holds 6 30rounder M4 mags. But im using it for misc trail gear. Works well for my folding camp saw too. I also got one of the Camillus brand 3 day survival packs for ChristmasIMAG0193.jpgIMAG0194.jpgIMAG0195.jpg. I tweaked it a bit and its now mounted on the passengers side of the pet divider for quick acess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles