Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My new ZJ Expedition Rig

I like the "Headache" rack you have inside your ZJ, been thinkin about one of those for mine if I want to bring my dog along. Your XJ was a BEAST! Looks real good! Someday mine will get to that stature.

Thanks for the comp on the xj. It was an 8 year project/build up. Here are new pics of the rear cargo area. It now has a table that pulls up and has legs that drop down for support. You can also see the air compressor and power inverter. I have a single burner butane stove and a small GI cooking kit thats kept in the storage area too. I also put together an awning/rainfly that attaches to the hatch. No pics yet. The pet barrier is one of the best purchases ive made for my expo zj. Ive attached a couple military pouches for misc gear. One stores my e-tool(folding shovel) and a small folding camp saw. Well i hope u all enjoy the pics and will stay tuned to my build up. 2012-04-25 17.00.48.jpg2012-04-25 17.00.56.jpg2012-04-20 12.44.49.jpg1335387666675.jpg
    Last edited by xjman88; 04-26-2012 at 04:09 AM.

I like your your setup, may have to "borrow" some ideas for my XJ. How come you don't use your tire carrier you built?

That fold up table you have is really cool! So, question... What light are you running on your tailgate, and how is it powered? I like the idea of more light when the gate is open, and back there workin!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClassic View Post
    I like your your setup, may have to "borrow" some ideas for my XJ. How come you don't use your tire carrier you built?
    I just find it easier to keep my spare in the stock mount. I can have up to a 33 in tire in the stock location. I made a quick release for my spare so it comes out quite easy. And u r welcome to come over and we can build one.

Quote Originally Posted by Recce01 View Post
    That fold up table you have is really cool! So, question... What light are you running on your tailgate, and how is it powered? I like the idea of more light when the gate is open, and back there workin!
    Its an led 2 phase light i found at walmart in the rv/camper supply section in sporting goods. It runs on 2 AA batteries. And yes it is nice to have at night.

Quote Originally Posted by xjman88 View Post
    I just find it easier to keep my spare in the stock mount. I can have up to a 33 in tire in the stock location. I made a quick release for my spare so it comes out quite easy. And u r welcome to come over and we can build one.
    Yeah sounds good some time down the road when I start some traveling it would be handy to have. I plan on doing some camping up in the north woods so organized storage would be mighty handy

Where in the north woods u campin at? We spend alot of time up above Bingham campin, atving and fishing. Also do some wheeling too. Hit me up.
    Last edited by xjman88; 04-29-2012 at 02:34 AM.

Uhhhh... you might consider pulling that and sending it in a pm.
    Car Camping Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by K2ZJ View Post
    Uhhhh... you might consider pulling that and sending it in a pm.
    Thanks for the heads up. its done.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast