BAE SD Brazos Chassis now available through GXV

cwsqbm

Explorer
I tried googling around for some more information, but no luck. Other than GXV, is there anywhere else with information. Did not even come up with a BAE result :(

I was impressed that the interior comes with a center console with two cup holders :D

If you go to BAE's website and search, you'll find this link, and there's a nice PDF with some additional information.

This isn't the first thread on this - two thread below, there's "BAE SD Brazos Chassis now available through GXV" :)

westyss

Explorer
Any time there is no mention of price usually freaks me out, but does anyone know the approximate price on one of these?? What would one expect? Or is it in the strictly "unobtainium" catagory, and being the only game in town will GXV be selling these as cab/frame or only with a GXV camper on the back?

Bill Beers

Explorer
I bet the Brazos is north of $100K. A 2012 Fuso FG 4x4 is $45k-ish. A Freightliner M2 4x4 w/the same engine as the Brazos is $80K+.

I didn't see anywhere on the specs what the top speed is on these things, but I am guessing maybe 85mph with that cummins??? If so that would definitely be another plus over a U500. Anyone know a price for one of these? I would guess $130k+ ??

The total diff/planetary gear ratio is 7.8. figuring 0.65:1 for 7th gear in the Allison, that is ~5.05 x 450 (395/85R20) = 2270 rpm @ 60mph. If the engine is governed at 2500, that comes out to 66mph. The tires are rated at 70mph at most. Who'd want to go anything near 85 in something like that?
I rarely rarely hit 70mph in the U500. I am not a congenital slowpoke, I own 2 BMWs and use them like they are supposed to be used.

Charlie

foxhunter

Adventurer
In GXV's defense, their website says they have been chosen to be "a" distributer. But given the sparcity of information on the net about this vehicle right now they might as well be "the" distributer because I can't find anyone else offering it.

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
I am glad for them and glad that it is being offered.
Agree that there is little information out there, yet . . .

foxhunter

Adventurer
So I found out that the brazos will require a 32 inch tunnel for cab/cabin access as it comes from the company now. top speed 60mph(rate limited). limited to 2 passengers. cost...more than I thought. Everything about the vehicle is still military and the thought(hope) is that as they adjust to civilian market these issues will be addressed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles