BAE SD Brazos Chassis now available through GXV

ScottReb

Adventurer
Just to keep bumping this old thread. What does the Brazos/Titan offer that the LMTV/FMTV doesnt?? The Cummins? You can get get the older or newer CAT engines in the LMTV Otherwise it appears to be the same. No improvements that I can see. Or am I missing something. Plus it cost 6-8-10 times more. Assuming theyre still way north of $100K for 4x4.

anthonyca

Observer
Just to keep bumping this old thread. What does the Brazos/Titan offer that the LMTV/FMTV doesnt?? The Cummins? You can get get the older or newer CAT engines in the LMTV Otherwise it appears to be the same. No improvements that I can see. Or am I missing something. Plus it cost 6-8-10 times more. Assuming theyre still way north of $100K for 4x4.

I am curious also. It seems that having a turn key truck is a good thing and I like Cummins more than CAT personall but they are both good, just that I am familiar with the Cummins from. I really don't like all the dodgy emissions crap though.

I would love to buy a surplus truck and do a frame off but I don't have the time or space, most of us are probably in the same boat. Not to mention the money, I really wonder how much these are new.

Coachgeo

Explorer
Is the Brazos even sold anymore.... I don't think so. BAE got sold to Oshkosh if recall right and they stopped civi production of this model. Could be wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles