The Mongrel: FJ62 body + FZJ80 chassis + turbo diesel + ???

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Well after nearly two weeks of busting my ******** everyday I have built an FJ142! :)

This is not a flex test, I am just putting wheels on and that kind of stuff. It is going to flex real nice though! ;)

chassis83.jpg

Getting the frame back up under the body after pulling it out one last time to do final welding and paint.

chassis81.jpg

Rear frame rail extension and rear body mounts. You can see there is tons of room back here for a nice big fuel tank.

chassis87.jpg

I used 3/16s on the frame extension and plated the inside with 1/4", plenty strong.

chassis88.jpg

This is the rear wheel well with a stock coil spring in it and a 1" spacer. Yup just like I thought, way easy to play with suspension and get the ride height however a person wants. Easily run 35'son stock coils. :)

chassis86.jpg

Soon to come, pictures of the truck on my lawn after it's first bath since 2011!

Cheers

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
FJ142 2.jpg
FJ142 3.jpg
FJ142 7.jpg
FJ142 8.jpg
FJ142 11.JPG
FJ142 12.jpg

The FJ142 got washed and waxed today. Such a nice body on this truck, seriously. I know mostly rear end shots, I like the back end on these trucks! It looks funky right now because there are lifted coils up front and stock in the back. The front coils are so "sprung" that the OME shocks I put in (for 2.5" lift) are fully extended. I am trying to locate some stock 2nd hand front coils right now.

Man this truck is really nice! I can't stop staring at it, hahaha! It is soooo tempting to keep it.

Cheers

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Sold the truck, so that is it with me and the build. It is going to RSO Performance to be finished up for the new owner.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94