Thread: G-Wagen's "Kings of the Mountain" Star Trails 2011

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    192

    Default G-Wagen's "Kings of the Mountain" Star Trails 2011

    Nice little story in the current Mercedes-Benz Club of America's "The Star" magazine with pictures from the last year's Star Trails 2011 event at the Colorado's San Juan Mountains.

    Are you a member of the Mercedes-Benz Club yet?

    Visit http://www.mbca.org or call 1-800-637-2360 to join.

    Karl







    Pictures by Cathy Graves, Judy Bennett, Tom & Brian Croak, Dan Krebs and Bill Hopper

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Berkeley, CA, USA
    Posts
    88
    Good ole modest Karl. ;-)
    Steve

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,308
    Jeez, steal the spotlight why dontcha?
    A vehicle’s worth is not what you put into it, but what it put into you.
    1980 300GD "Radio Flyer"--sold, but not forgotten
    2003 G500 "O'erländewagen"; http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...derwagen-build

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,251
    is that a KIA on the cover?
    boring

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,308
    Yeah, Kia Sportage.
    A vehicle’s worth is not what you put into it, but what it put into you.
    1980 300GD "Radio Flyer"--sold, but not forgotten
    2003 G500 "O'erländewagen"; http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...derwagen-build

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,251
    Quote Originally Posted by mk216v View Post
    Yeah, Kia Sportage.
    it does look like one... he he he
    boring

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    192
    Gentlemen,

    it is another quiet capable vehicle from Mercedes-Benz: a new ML500
    I was surprised how well my friend Tom was doing when I first met him on the Black Bear pass trail outside of Telluride, CO.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernweh View Post
    Gentlemen,

    it is another quiet capable vehicle from Mercedes-Benz: a new ML500
    I was surprised how well my friend Tom was doing when I first met him on the Black Bear pass trail outside of Telluride, CO.


    which, by the way, makes it the equal of a kia sportage. they are capable.

    the comment was the lackluster styling, which is also makes it the equal of a kia sportage, for a whole lot more ching.

    .... you do realize that an 88 tin top samurai on 31's will run rings around a G offroad, Gratz bedamed, dontcha? i mean, you may not want to spend weeks in one, or pick up a date... thats not living in a halfway house... but it WILL get you there.
    boring

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by zimm View Post
    which, by the way, makes it the equal of a kia sportage. they are capable.

    the comment was the lackluster styling, which is also makes it the equal of a kia sportage, for a whole lot more ching.

    .... you do realize that an 88 tin top samurai on 31's will run rings around a G offroad, Gratz bedamed, dontcha? i mean, you may not want to spend weeks in one, or pick up a date... thats not living in a halfway house... but it WILL get you there.
    I would try anything to get a date......

    BTW I wanted to trade pinks with this fellow, but he didn't even want to talk to me. Should have put some money on top of the G-wagen.

    Are you feeling OK Zimm? Is the M104 still starting in the morning?




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,251
    wtf is that? a series II wannabe?

    start? i began by wanting to replace the HVAC fan motor and the throttle body... its a defacto entire car rebuild at this point. im tossing bumpers, winches, sliders, skids and airbags onto the lx470 to get me thru the summer. that G wont be running for quite a while!!!

    biodegradable wiring.... who on earth...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fernweh View Post
    I would try anything to get a date......

    BTW I wanted to trade pinks with this fellow, but he didn't even want to talk to me. Should have put some money on top of the G-wagen.

    Are you feeling OK Zimm? Is the M104 still starting in the morning?
    boring

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •