Thread: New E-350 Project: VANdiana Jones!

Very cool internal build.

not to derail too far but, has anyone ever considered some type of bunk bed system for sleeping arrangements? Have an anchor point on the wall for the bed platform and then a rope/chain to attach at a 45 degree angle above.
    Just a thought.

has anyone ever considered some type of bunk bed system for sleeping arrangements? Have an anchor point on the wall for the bed platform and then a rope/chain to attach at a 45 degree angle above.

-----check out www.outsidevan.com for platform bed ideas. The Camping Van "Basecamp" has modular platform bed alternatives when you scroll through the pics. I think they use etrack on the wall for attachement points.

Quote Originally Posted by CrabbyMcNab View Post
    Very cool internal build.

not to derail too far but, has anyone ever considered some type of bunk bed system for sleeping arrangements? Have an anchor point on the wall for the bed platform and then a rope/chain to attach at a 45 degree angle above.
    Just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by catmandu View Post
    -----check out www.outsidevan.com for platform bed ideas. The Camping Van "Basecamp" has modular platform bed alternatives when you scroll through the pics. I think they use etrack on the wall for attachement points.
    Yes. That is one of the things I am looking at doing. Outside Van does exactly that. So, instead of derailing, you are right in line with where this build is going. I am pretty sure that they are using Mac's Custom Tie Downs VersaTie fittings. Thanks guys!

(Outside Van)

(Outside Van)

(Outside Van)
    Last edited by bknudtsen; 12-07-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Well, I wanted to order some Mac's tiedowns and such, but it looks like my batteries are dying. So, I will be buying two Sears Diehard Platinums soon instead. Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by bknudtsen View Post
    So, I will be buying two Sears Diehard Platinums soon instead. Oh well...
    Mine are still running strong! I still have 3 years left on the warranty. Over the last year 6 months of which The van was cold starting below -10 degrees. And they never died once while I had a fit with the ICM. Constant cranking. I would have to say I am impressed with these batteries and would call them an excellent investment
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab
    1986 Land Rover Defender 110 200tdi (FOR SALE)

Quote Originally Posted by pratty85 View Post
    Mine are still running strong! I still have 3 years left on the warranty. Over the last year 6 months of which The van was cold starting below -10 degrees. And they never died once while I had a fit with the ICM. Constant cranking. I would have to say I am impressed with these batteries and would call them an excellent investment
    Thanks for the info and encouragement, especially with the cost associated! I think mine are the original batteries. At 68K miles, only being driven 3,000 miles in 9 months, and the weather getting colder, they have started the slow crank to death. When they have a charge, it fires right up, but I think the Sears Platinum are perfect for a van that sits for days at a stretch. I may look into some type of AGM rated battery tender, but it would need to be vehicle mounted to stay out of the wet weather. I like the self ejecting shore power units our rigs at work have. That way you don't have to worry about forgetting to unplug when you drive off.

Those cabs look great!! I'm diggin it!
    2003 E350 7.3L Diesel UJOR 4x4
    Vantom Build

Quote Originally Posted by scoutkid View Post
    Those cabs look great!! I'm diggin it!
    Thanks! Gotta pull them one more time to paint the interior and back of the cabinets.

Ok. So, as I posted in my X-mas thread, my wonderful wife bought the van 5 new Mickey Thompson MT-88 17x9" black steel wheels with 4.5" backspacing. One step closer to being ready to get this van up in the air! I am leaning toward Goodyear DuraTracs in the 315/70-17 flavor, but am hesitant to pull the trigger because they are only D-rated. E-rated 17" tires are not as common as in the 18" wheel sizes. I am looking for something that will work well in the rain and snow with moderate off road duty.

Any other suggestions? I am looking for 35 inch tires.

They must have discontinued the E rated duratracs? I had a set of E rated duratracs on my dodge cummins with 17x10 rims. I loved em! a little soft but awesome traction! I was thinking about switching back to them when I replace my BFG's. The duratracs are a wide 12.50 I remember. I will definately be switching to a 10" wide rim and E rated Tires when I switch around fall next year. Here is a pic with the 315/75R17 duratracs:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab
    1986 Land Rover Defender 110 200tdi (FOR SALE)

Page 31 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast