Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: water shorts?

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Thanks, I'll watch for them. Do you guys know if the Exoficio Amphi shorts can use a regular belt? I like those too.
    Yes, the belt is removable.
    Charles Nordstrom.
    Owner/Proprieter at ExpeditionApparel
    World traveller.

The Great State of Denial (SC if you really want to know)
    Go classic- Patagonia Baggies.
    05 Tacoma TRD, SR5, V6, etc

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help. -Calvin

Default water shorts

Not sure what your budget is but I recently aquired a pair of Pelagic shorts. www.pelagicgear.com. Not affiliated but being in and out of the water they are great. belt loops, front pockets and cargo pockets on the side for wallet and cell phone for when you are on your way to the water. Will hold a fly box if you are wet wading. Waist seems true to size. Length is about what a board short would be. I am too old and fat for the tennis short cut/fit of patagonia baggies of my youth.

We've got all of our spring items listed!

The Granite Creek Shorts were discussed earlier and can be found here: http://store.expeditionapparel.com/M...hort_p_88.html
    Mountain Khaki's new Equatorial short would also work nicely: http://store.expeditionapparel.com/M...hort_p_85.html

Last but not least, the ExOfficio Nio Amphi short: http://store.expeditionapparel.com/E...hort_p_63.html

We are also offering free shipping on all spring orders.
    Charles Nordstrom.
    Owner/Proprieter at ExpeditionApparel
    World traveller.

Quote Originally Posted by forty4fun View Post
    Not sure what your budget is but I recently aquired a pair of Pelagic shorts. www.pelagicgear.com. Not affiliated but being in and out of the water they are great. belt loops, front pockets and cargo pockets on the side for wallet and cell phone for when you are on your way to the water. Will hold a fly box if you are wet wading. Waist seems true to size. Length is about what a board short would be. I am too old and fat for the tennis short cut/fit of patagonia baggies of my youth.
    I found these on their site that mostly fit what I'm looking for. Real belt loops are a "must have" deal breaker. I'm not swimming any more class II-III rapids with my shorts around my ankles
    205-B_Soccoro_Short_BLACKnBLUE.jpg
    My Jeep

Taj-Mah-Al 6x10-Cargo-Trailer

Proud member of the Appalachian Ridgerunner Supreme Expedition Squad A.R.S.E.S.

Have you ever seen the Prana Stretch Zion shorts? I use them for nearly everything - they've got a cinch belt that works pretty great, but you can also remove that and they've got real belt loops. They're very rugged, stretchy, and dry quickly.

They're originally sold as climbing/hiking shorts but I've run rivers and surfed in them with no issues.

All I know is that I am sitting here in the Ex Offico Nio Amphi Convertibles. I don't normally pay a lot for pants but these were worth every penny. I use mine for diving as a thermal layer under my drysuit in warmer temps. These can take a soaking and still come out dry in a hours or so.

And yes, you can take the belt out (I do when I dive, as it feels a little restrictive )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12