Rhino-lining, above the rail, below the rail?

fowldarr

Explorer
Okay, so I bought this 2012 Tundra and one of the first things that needs done is to have the bed lined. (I want to keep it nice). While we could all debate which type is best, there is a rhino-liner place within 50 miles, and no others, so they will likely get my business. And before somebody gets on here and tells me to do it myself, well, I could. I did my Landcruiser, but it was an 84 and cost me $1200. This is a brand new truck, and I want it done by a pro.

So the question is, above the rail, or below the rail. Above the rail is a little more, and I lean that way, but is it going to mess anything up in the future? Any problems with cap, camper or tonneau fitment if I line the rails?

Thoughts? Opinions?

Revco

Adventurer
Above the rail. You shouldn't have any issues with fitment of accessories.

I don't see how they can get away with charging more for above the rail, it's easier to mask off above the rail, than it is to mask off below the rail. When I was doing bedliners, I charged more for below the rail because it was a pain in the *** to mask off. :REOutShootinghunter

Phreak480

Army Guy
go above the rail, i did it on my ram right after i bought her and have never regretted it. No issues with putting any type of covering on the bed whether it was a hard camper cap or the current retractable hard cover that is on it now. I have line-x on mine but i know the rhino has a bit more texture to it so it would be possible that if you mount some kind of cover to the bed rails you would need an extra layer of tape to seal well but that is all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles