camp tables and tire chains

overlander

Expedition Leader
Here's some items in excess of my needs. All prices include shipping. PM if interested. Digging through garage for cleanout so more items coming.

SOLD - REI XL Camp Table. Only used 5 times. Table top size is 55" x 31.75". Seats 4-6. $80 shipped.
table erect.jpgtable packed.jpgtable label.jpg

SOLD - US Military field table. table top size 2'x3'. $85 shipped
mil table erect.jpgmil table folded.jpg

SOLD - RUD 4X4 TIRE CHAINS. Set of 4. $175 shipped for full set.
chains.jpg

Fits tire sizes:
225/70R19.5
225/75R17.5
235/75R17.5
235/85R16
245/70R17.5
255/70R17
255/75R16
265/60R18
265/65R17
265/70R16
265/75R15
275/60R17
275/65R16
275/70R16
285/45R22
285/60R17
7.50X17
8.50X17.5

Last edited:

overlander

Expedition Leader
Staggrlee,
Nobody has snagged the military table yet, although there's been plenty of interest. I want to make sure it goes to a good home and the buyer knows what it is and isn't. I also have a roll-a-table and used both at campsites. Here's the comparison:

Military table
Pros:
-sturdy and stable
-good for cooking due to stability and wood construction that can handle heat from a camp stove or fresh-off-grill items like pots
-great for dinner for two if needed
-durable for field maintenance. you can hammer something on it. also good for cutting things on. won't ruin it.
-sets up VERY quickly. It's like an OZ tent; 30 seconds and your done.

cons:
-weight. 24 lbs.
-has no compensation for uneven terrain so needs a flat spot.
-size. rectangular shape means you can't really feed 4 if you need that. folded, it's 2'x3'x 6". you can stow it vertically in the cargo area of an SUV but would need to stabilized, or you can lay it flat but then everything else is above it. of course, it's roof rack friendly.

Roll-a-table
Pro's
-lightweight
-rolls compactly
-reasonable setup time. about 2 minutes
-square shape better suited to seat 4

cons
-not very stable. if you had a water bottle or wine glass on it, it would likely tip over if someone touched the table
-plastic vinyl surface. can be damaged from hot items. not good for cutting without protection (like cutting board)
-could not do field work on it due to it's lack of durability and stability

So when I am going somewhere for the day and need something to throw up for impromptu picnic, cocktail, snack, etc, the roll-a-table is my first choice from what I have now. If you're going camping and need something more deliberate and all purpose that can serve as a cook/work table, then the military table is a great choice. I have a 110 so I have lots of room, but I know smaller rigs need to be more mindful of what they are packing.

Is this the right table for you still? If so, PM me your address and I'll pm back my paypal info.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Sure. Rud Grip 4x4 chains are part no 0157. They've only been mounted once. switching due to upcoming tire size chain so I'll be getting a different sized set next fall.

http://www.vikingoffroad.com/products/Rud-Tire-Chains--0157.html

These are the chains recommended by Bill Burke.

Thanks,
That's my size. I really want a full set of four, but I already have a pair of them. Price is right though.
I'll ponder this for a bit, and send a PM if I decide to jump on it.
Thanks,

By the way, That Army table is really cool..

overlander

Expedition Leader
No worries. If someone else pops up wanting just one pair, I'd split them up for $90/pair shipped. I have a bag for each pair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste