Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is a Rover for me?

Very cool replacement, but I think that the first picture requires a little bit of explanation.. I know the Montero is capable, but that's like an 87 degree decline..
    My Travel Page: Facebook.com/ajctraveler

Quote Originally Posted by ajctraveler View Post
    Very cool replacement, but I think that the first picture requires a little bit of explanation.. I know the Montero is capable, but that's like an 87 degree decline..
    Ah, what you can't see in the picture is the other side of the *ridge* it came off of. My buddy gave me an impromptu challange to "Climb that hill", which the Monty did without issue. My failing was that I didn't scout the top, I just assumed it was a plateau. Up and over I went. I actually feel very blessed it was only what you see....I had my two boys and the "challangers" two boys in the Monty when it went over. Luckily only a bit of seatbelt rash and shaken nerves.

Wow, that is quite an incline. I don't think the LR3 would make that one though.

Awesome replacement. You will be very happy with it. Good thing you held out for the rear locker for serious offroading.

Welcome to the sickness...
    2001 Range Rover 4.6L SE (SD rack, ladder, Warn xd9000ce, steering guard, axle guard, diff guard, sliders, coils, 33in KM2s... no chrome)
    2006 LR3 SE (ARB front bumper, Superwinch, roof rack, front skid, Sasquatch rods, 275/65 r18s GY MTRs)
    1985 E30S52 (1985 318i w/ 1998 M3 drivetrain, OBDI, 5-lug conversion)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123