What shocks to get?

BurbanAZ

Explorer
One this i think gets overlooked alot is shocks. My 92 k2500 suburban has ridden pretty bad since ive gotten and i just never really thought much of it but now that i think about it im pretty sure my shocks are garbage. I have 190,000 and i think the original shocks still. I was thinking of going with maybe bilstein which are kind of pricey, or maybe some monroe for a cheaper option. What would you guys recommend, or have u had good experience with?

BPMOU

Observer
I just purchased the bilstein hd (yellow and blue ones). From eshocks.com for all four shocks for 268 shipped. Can't say enough good things about them.

ExpoMike

The worst Bilstein is better than the best Rancho. I have seen shock dynos at Bilstein with so called "good shocks" (i.e. Rancho, Koni, KYB, etc.). You would be amazed if you saw how crappy these shocks perform. With every cycle you would get a different curve. Bilstein's, even with 100's of cycles, they would almost keep the same curve on every cycle. Most others would change with each stroke as they heated up.

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
We had Rancho's on our F350 for a long time. We recently replaced them with Bilsteins, and they are a significant improvement.

Just replaced my Rancho 9000s with Bilstein 5100s...mas mejor! But I will say, I had Monroe Magnums on before the Ranchos and I liked them, also. :sombrero:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Last year I put a set of Bilstein 5150s on the rear of my truck and all I can say is WOW:Wow1:what a difference! I have a huge canopy that can sway back and forth so it wears out shocks in record time. The Ranchos were toast after 4 years of summer driving!:Wow1:

biohzrd

Bilsteins ******.... Using the 5100s on the 2.8" setting on my Ram to level it. Ride was a night and day differance from the stock shocks. My truck only has 6500 miles on it, and had just over 4000 when I installed them. Not like I was replacing old worn out junk when I did it. You wont be disappointed by using them.:)

greengreer

Adventurer
Another vote for Bilstein's HD's. Put them on my '98 K2500 a few thousand miles ago, huge improvement. I can now run my tires at full pressure on the hwy. Didn't know what I was missing 'til I put them on.

BurbanAZ

Explorer
sounds like im going with Bilstein. I dont know why i never really even considered that my ride was so bad because of my old old shocks, i bet shocks get looked over alot. I dont mind spending the money if they are worth it and it definitely sounds like they are. I think im going to go with the blue and yellow HDs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94