What shocks to get?

darien

Observer
What about BDS suspension? I'm looking at their 2" levelling kit for my F250 and it has 4 shocks in it. I have "Ranchos" (actually I understand that it's just a rebadged factory shock) as part of the FX4 package that Ford does. The skid plates in that package are good but the truck rides pretty badly. I like stiff springs but this thing rides like a log wagon. And I've ridden on log wagons.

BurbanAZ

Explorer
are rancho decent shocks? I have a neighbor who drives for NAPA and said he could get me a great discount but they seem to only sell NAPA or Rancho, any opinions on either of those?

ExpoMike

Did you read anything above? I wouldn't take them if they were free and yes, I have used them before.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
What about BDS suspension? I'm looking at their 2" levelling kit for my F250 and it has 4 shocks in it. I have "Ranchos" (actually I understand that it's just a rebadged factory shock) as part of the FX4 package that Ford does. The skid plates in that package are good but the truck rides pretty badly. I like stiff springs but this thing rides like a log wagon. And I've ridden on log wagons.

The BDS shocks are decent. A good valving match for thier lift kits. But they aren't going to compete with Bilstien. If I remember right the FX4 has stiffer front springs than the regular Superduties. Somewhere between regular and the plow spring.

I looked at that leveling kit, but I think I'm going to use a 2.5" ICON spring in the front instead. That way I can add a 1" lift spacer in the future if I need to after adding a heavy bumper and winch. I'm going to try a 2.5" front spring, adjustable track bar, Bilstien 5100's, and a 5" rear block (1" higher than a F350).

I only want to run 285/85 R17 tires for now, on stock XL steelies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier