Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sorry to burst the bubble...

Quote Originally Posted by maxingout View Post
    I can't believe it. I was working on my Land Rover, and I completely missed the end of the world. At least I survived with my Land Rover. I hope in this new world that I can take my truck anywhere I want without getting permission from the authorities. But then if the world ended, there aren't any authorities to limit what I can do with my truck. Maybe the end of the world isn't so bad after all.
    Now that you mention the Rover, I have a buddy who swore that Hell would have to freeze over before he ever bought one. Well, a few months ago one appeared in his driveway! Holy crap, it did happen, most of us just haven't noticed.
    Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, The moment one commits, then Providence moves too. Things occur to help that no one could have dreamed would have come their way. Whatever you dream , begin it. Boldness has power, and magic in it. Begin it now

Quote Originally Posted by GR8ADV View Post
    "Ah, huh?? Enlighten me then. Give a better explanation than just "Ah, no" Ah, no dont tell me anything other than you think I am wrong..."

Sorry ok, don't have to get snippy.

I thought maybe you might think about it for a bit. How about this. If you add a day this year, it takes you longer to get to the next year, right. Ok now maybe if we don't add the day this year you get to the next year faster. Hang on. If you don't add a bunch of days over a long period of time then you get there really fast. ie, you would already be there by now, and we would be somewhere in 2013.

Ok, that is my best quick shot. I am sure someone else has a more powerful lamp than me for better enlightenment.
    There's my problem, I am just not thinking in the 4th dimension. 4th dimensional thinking gets me every time. Also need to remember to get some plutonium for my flux capasitor while I am at it.
    2005 Dodge Grand Caravan (my DD)
    2006 Mongoose XR-75 (my backup)
    2010 Kia Sedona (GF's DD)

OUTLAWED OFFROAD FORUMS

Since Ceaser invented the calender after the mayan prediction, the end date has to have been calculated using their calender and the 12,21,2012 date is just the day which lines up on our calender with thier apocalyptic premonition. Now if the people who are currently spouting the EOTW crap, have not taken this into account, it just makes them that much funnier to watch.

How about this. If the current extreme weather and seismic events/tsunami's, etc. were to hit a society like the Mayan's in their time, would it be seen as a great change, and then a new beginning? Have we as a society gotten to the point where we simply deal with it, and go on. Making the "apocalypse" just another day for us, but a world changer for them?
    87 Syncro

"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it" -Oogway

What would Bruce Campbell do?

Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post

How about this. If the current extreme weather and seismic events/tsunami's, etc. were to hit a society like the Mayan's in their time, would it be seen as a great change, and then a new beginning? Have we as a society gotten to the point where we simply deal with it, and go on. Making the "apocalypse" just another day for us, but a world changer for them?
    It doesn't have to just another day. If you go on the rally I am sure it won't end up being just another day! Rather, one you would remember for some time.
    My YouTube channel
    1991 FJ80: Vortec 5.7L v8, FZJ80 locked axles, 4L60e trans, split case and plenty more!
    1988 FJ62: TD-S/C-I/C diesel, NV4500, Atlas T-case, portal axles, FZJ80 chassis and lot's more! A long term work in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by RMP&O View Post
    It doesn't have to just another day. If you go on the rally I am sure it won't end up being just another day! Rather, one you would remember for some time.
    Exactly. That's why I wouldn't take any chance and come down party with us, just in case they were right.

Christian

CTO Expedition Portal
    www.expeditionportal.com
    www.overlandjournal.com

Here is a great article on the topic. I wouldn't take any chance....

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science...D=71bgfa9lqk4r
    Christian

CTO Expedition Portal
    www.expeditionportal.com
    www.overlandjournal.com

Middle of Nowhere, Outer Skin of Space Ship Earth, 1 A.U. from Sol, Outskirts of Milky Way.
    Current: 76 E-250, bubble-top, self-contained|couple of old Yamaha enduros
    Previous wheelers: 41 Willys|78 FJ40|78 Bronco|84 Bronco|74 Ramcharger|78 Ramcharger|79 D150 PowerWagon|77 D100|79 D400 dually, converted to 4WD, utility bed, 10' Lance|75 Westy|69 Scout, RHD|bunch of others|bunch of bikes|couple of boats|couple of motorhomes|blah blah|so what|not my idea|just doin' what I'm told|wank wank|this space for rent|candy is dandy|but liquor is quicker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12