NEW Honda - NC700X

watrboy

Observer
100% agree. Depending on how you define adventure, the 700 is far from it. It lacks spoked wheels and a 21" front wheel.

Would like to have the 700 for commuting, hell yes!

You bring up a good point, my adventure was short and sweet yesterday. Once I picked up the rhythm of the 700, I enjoyed the late fall weather with some roundabouts, twistie's and a beautiful sunset. Definition of an adventure is the key. I am comfortable for at least a tankful, >200 miles and so far the only improvement I am waiting for is the throttle set from Kaoko. The pit where the gas goes on a lot of bikes will not hold my XXL Shoei, but is cavernous non the less. It pulls well and cruises easy. Very comfortable for me at 6'1" 205, 33" inseam and 35" arms. My 650L has spokes and a 21" wheel and rips up the gravel and two tracks all day long.
I won't take an adventure longer than a weekend and nobody rides with me. The KLR is an excellent compromise for 1 motorcycle. Not for me, my adventures are 90% street/10% dirt or 10% street/90% dirt. Now I can pick the right tool for the trip and not compromise.
I follow the adventure's people have and define my own. But I once owned a Honda 919, that kept up on a lot, not all the trails and roads with my son on an XT500. We had fun and didn't worry about the label. I tell people I have a motorcycle, and I like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles