Iveco 4x4 Daily

alan

Explorer
I am not going to try and defend the Iveco as either a good or bad truck, but as for the new vehicle price...
When you consider it comes with singles, parabolic springs, 3 diff locks and suspension seats (I think) all as standard equipment, as well as a much better highway cruising speed, then the $85K is probably less than it would cost to equip a new Isuzu or Fuso with similar equipment (not that you can actually get real diff locks for either the Isuzu or Fuso).
But as for the electrics... well that's a whole other story, especially if you look at the history of other Italian built vehicles of the past. They definitely do no have a good track record.

Also, you're not the first person to mention defective seals on new Iveco 4x4 trucks. Apparently, they're quite common.

may be i'm a little out of touch with truck prices...

gait

Explorer
.... If you have a Mitsu and have problems in Asia, Africa or basically any other continent, you will find spares. ...

I've heard that previously.

my experience with an Aus model Mitsu in Asia and Europe suggests that while spares are available they are not easily accessible.

Typical example - Fuso dealer in Spain - needed replacement wheel studs. Parts book not available, had to ask Germany (Fuso is Merc). Takes more than a week. Tried to fit Isuzu studs and failed. In the meantime I obtained copy of parts book page from Aus and provided part numbers. Studs available next day from Madrid.

Typical example - Merc dealer in UK. Took 2 weeks to ask Germany. Parts not in stock. We can't order until you pay. We can't tell delivery until ordered. Cheaper and more reliable to freight from Aus.

etc.

IMHO Mitsu parts are expensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles