Iveco 4x4 Daily

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Andrew said
looks like a military version of one of these

http://web.iveco.com/uk/Products/Pag..._benefits.aspx

according to our iveco dealer in perth they are importing them soon. gotta say they look sweeet.. parabolics all round, standard diff locks and standard XZLs.. oh yea and it has a 6sp gearbox with maybe a splitter and 2 low ranges.. anyways total 24 forward gears if the cab didnt still look like a van id have one straight up.. the new eurocargo 4x4s also look pretty mean.
Hi Andrew,

You guys looked at these yet for campers and buses? I talked to Craig (in Perth) about 18 months ago regarding these but obviously it's taken them far longer than expected to get RHD and ADR compliance. They look OK.....no passenger / driver airbags though which is a big thing here in commercial applications. Everything else looks good. John.
Andrew, Thought it would be better to start a new thread so that once they have been released here everyone could place comments and first impressions or maybe some Euro Expo member could enlighten us even further.

Just drove one....really powerful twin turbo. Comfy. Lots of gears (once I figured out the extra transfer lever) and plenty of potential.
IMG00053-20120326-1750.jpg

Some random shots when it first arrived.

IVE1.jpg

IVE2.jpg

IVE3.jpg

IVE4.jpg

IVE5.jpg

Attachments

• IVE5.jpg
    IVE5.jpg
    384.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Amesz00

Adventurer
hahaha, john in the meantime i PM'ed you with my latest thoughts on the matter (among other things ;) ), having had a good look at one today. feel free to post them here if you wish.

Just drove one....really powerful twin turbo. Comfy. Lots of gears and plenty of potential.

yea they do seem nice and comfy ay. only real dissapointment for me (though its not really a real dissapointment..) was with the stick layout, as shown in your pic, it would be hard to use the 1.3:1 as a splitter on the fly. hmm, nah i guess you could still. just have to be quick.

Andrew

Last edited:

Thespoon

Observer
Yea.... I think its a total stuff up on behalf of carsguide....the picture has got nothing to do with an Iveco Daily 4x4.... its an Isuzu FTR 900 fitted out as a mobile renal dialysis unit to treat remote dialysis patients across Western Australia, Northern Territory and South Australia.
Cheers
Adrian

Ndmker

I would not buy an Iveco because the ones I've seen have the engine mounted sideways and a non-tilting cabin. This is a disaster as you basically have access just to the oil filler cap. Imagine that something happens on the trail, even a simple problem: a hose comes off, a cable detaches etc... You are stuck until you tear apart the whole cabin (fenders, headlights, grille, radiators, wheels etc.). I have a Fiat Ducato (with 2.8 4cyl Iveco engine) and the car is a disaster. Well it's good if you get stuck in the city, but I would literally **** in my pants if I were to travel into the wild. You will also have to look at the electrical system in Iveco. In my Fiat (they are partners with Iveco, so beware) I have four or five fuse locations (some under the hood and some in the cabin, have not figured them all yet) and a total of tens of fuses, maybe 50-80 fuses. Imagine that something goes wrong and you will spend two hours just un-slotting those fuses and checking. I fear the Iveco could be similar. In my Land Cruiser I have maybe 25 fuses in two locations and it has more elecric gadgets that the Fiat. Another popular 'feature' in Fiats are dying immobiliser systems (mine died two months ago). You cannot start the car and you cannot disable the system because it is embedded in the ECU. I am not implying that the Iveco you're discussing WILL have all those problems but partnership with a crappy carmaker should trigger your attention.

Just stick with Japanese stuff and you will be OK. Trust me, I live in Europe and have daily insight into the wonders of Italian cheap carmakers. Want a Ferrari, a Lambo or a pizza? Go for it! But stay away from Fiat :)

engineer

Adventurer
LOL, seems you have been burnt mate, FYI the Daily is RWD, not front. Ferrari is part of FIAT.
We have had similar issues here with Mercedes v's Toyota. I'm still a fan of the Daily 4x4, but wouln't buy one for commercial off road use.
Thanks for the heads up.

Ndmker

I know that Fiat owns Ferrari but owning is different from forcing to do things the Fiatish way. But on the other hand we've seen lots of photos of burning Ferraris. That must be a sign :)

whatcharterboat

Chocko,

Would love your opinion on it....have a look when you pick up those tyres. John.

Witchdoctor Oz

Adventurer
Not that i'm one of authority, but i'm very impressed with the 4x4 Daily, loads of feature not standard on other truck of similar size.
When the pricing comes through we will have a better idea of comparing apples with apples.
But on face value i would be getting a Daily over the other options for a base of my camper.

Very impressed :Wow1:.

David

whatcharterboat

Price indication for the Dual cab lwb is around $75K +gst +or

I think the canter is about the same money

Hi Anthony / David,

I haven't heard any news about pricing yet but my guess is that the single cabs will be up around that price mentioned at the very least. Still when you consider the standard gear you are getting, it's not too bad.

Unfortunately I have to give ours back soon but am doing a long highway trip in it tomorrow and can let you know how it goes.

Got it offroad properly and engaged the 3 diff locks for the first time this afternoon too.....yeah that's right, this one is full-time all-wheel drive with a selectable centre, front and rear diff locks. So anyway, I still think it's going to be a great performer for the private off road market and we've already got a few ideas for aftermarket gear to make it even better.

BTW Not sure where that rumour about 24 forward gears came from but this one has 3 x 6 which is more than enough. Let's put it this way ...you could climb a wall .....or loose your licence VERY quickly.

Regards
John

Last edited:

bptp7270

Adventurer
Hi John,

Is the one you have a dual cab? I'm interested to know what length tray the dual cab will accommodate, the euro spec sheet indicates a maximum of 2500mm but I wondered if this was just a legal limit over there. I did chase Iveco pretty hard about these a while back and tray length was the only thing that I thought came up a bit short (pardon the pun) in the specs.
Any idea's?

Anthony

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles