2004 Chevy Trailblazer

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
Make sure you seal that area up good. Hammering can leave hairline cracks that will rust.

I barely touch there w the 315s but i may cut and patch instead of hammering.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
The Blazer is looking good!:Wow1: Now we just need to see pics of you out in the bush with that great rig! Cheers, Chilli.:)

Jcrayton99

Observer
So. After, almost a month and a few trips tooling around, I need to upgrade, and cut. I need to cut a little more inner fender area, beat in the fire wall a touch more, and I need new springs. I have a set of Moog 81114 springs that Ill be getting tomorrow, and looking at ordering a set of skyjacker CR25 rear springs shortly. Hopefully that will get rid of most of my rubbing. After that, its longer control arms in the rear, and if I still have rubbing, Ill do a 1" body lift.

Also, I did a bit of work on the rear platform/storage in the rear. The forward support bits are temporarily made out of 2x3s, and when I finally bite the bullet/get my hands on a welder, Ill make the frame out of steel angle.

4c13a5fb-bbb6-c359.jpg

Jcrayton99

Observer
Things to do:

Install Moog springs in the front
Bedline inner fenders
Bedline interior
Rear control arms
SS Trailblazer rear end
Weld new frame for rear storage
Remove front CV shafts, Differential, 4WD disconnect, and front drive shaft.

I want to convert it to 2WD. With the 4.10 gears and limited slip, I will do 90% of what I use it for now. Plan on doing 4.56 or 5.13 gears and a selectable locker if I need the extra traction. I plan on using this as a tow vehicle and trail vehicle. It is still my DD and probably will stay that way for a while. Plans are in the works to either build a camper this spring or buy another vehicle/toy to build.

Jcrayton99

Observer
Itll be sometime this winter, possibly even in the spring if we get hit as hard as I hear we are supposed to be. Ill keep the xfer case in, and whatever electrical crap I need so Ill have 2 hi and low.

And Itll actually be one step closer to a SAS.......

Jcrayton99

Observer
Its up in the air. Im going to get all the stuff I need to swap the 14 bolt in the rear over the winter, see how it handles in the winter, and go from there.

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
Its up in the air. Im going to get all the stuff I need to swap the 14 bolt in the rear over the winter, see how it handles in the winter, and go from there.

You need the axle...a 446 ujoint and the driveshaft shorten an inch n quarterish. Should not take all winter to round those few parts up. Everything else is the same between the SS and your stock. It is a simple 2-3 hour swap. You can even drive without shortening the driveshaft for a bit, I did. It will not change the handling, so you should already know if you want 4x4 or not.

Jcrayton99

Observer
Well i want to get new control arms as well when i do it and the cr25 springs.

And I have to figure out if I am building a trailer for camping or buying a second vehicle for a dedicated offroad vehicle.

HARDTRAILZ

Certified
I am about to do the cr25 springs. Get some adjustable control arms when you do. Mine are longer but not adjustable and I wish they were right now since I had more rubbing than I expected at full flex.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online