Automatic transmission
    Up to 15 cty/19 hwy mpg
    4-wheel drive

The SE S/C:
    3.3L V6 Supercharged engine
    Automatic transmission
    Up to 14 cty/17 hwy mpg
    4-wheel drive
    2000 Xterra, 33 10.50 15 BFG KM2, Cragar Soft 8's, Cobra CB, 2"Body lift, 3" SL, RLCweldfab Front bumper, Custom B&M Rear Bumper, B&M lightbars roof basket Straight axel swap in the works
    2009 Xterra mods to come 2" SL BFG KO 285 75 16R Gobi ladder Heps designs roof basket

And you could get them all with a manual tranny. Very clean X, looking forward to your progress with it!

Default The Little Bit Taller Trail Run Part 1

expedition7-.jpg

About a week after finishing the Rancho Suspension on my Xterra I got the opportunity to go on another trail run with the little white Nissan.

It was one of my favorite trail runs I have been on so far. Mostly due to the fact that I was in great company, surrounded by beautiful scenery and ever changing weather, good food, great music, and last but not least a taller more capable vehicle. What more could you ask for?

expedition7- (7).jpg
    looking back on the town of Jerome

I knew I was happy with the on-road performance of the Xterra and was excited to see the difference the Rancho suspension would make off-road. We left from Prescott headed up through Jerome and then down through Cottonwood into Sedona.

actioncamper (3).jpg

This trail run was a perfect test for the new suspension as it included a bit of everything from on-road curves and highway driving to the off-road simple dirt and even one attempted climb that not even the most capable vehicles on the trip could conquer.

actioncamper (7).jpg

We stopped off to take a look at the hopi indian ruins as it was right on our way. I love history so this was a great little pitstop. I think it makes the off-roading experience all the better with some local history to color your journey.

We hit the dirt just outside of downtown cottonwood. We had a great little caravan going with Scott Brady and Bruce Dorn leading the pack in the Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, myself in the Xterra, then "Ralph" Matt's 109 Series Land Rover, The Jeep Rubicon piloted by Ray Hyland accompanied by his dog Argus, followed by the tactical Land Rover Discovery of Chazz and Dani Layne, and bringing up the rear Brian McVickers and his two kids in their Toyota Land Cruiser.

actioncamper.jpg

The first obstacle to the lesser travled dirt road was a deeply rutted uphill climb. I was the second up and was proud to make it on the first try (I like to think my driving skills are improving but it doesn't hurt to have the wise guidance of Scott to get me up easily)

expedition7- (5).jpg

Matt's attempt was a bit more sketch. Because (in his words) "He’s super awesome and drives an old Land Rover."

actioncamper (4).jpg

Arriving on the rougher trail warranted stopping to air down and playing with the GoPro.

kelsey 1.jpeg expedition7- (8).jpg

Default The Little Bit Taller Trail Run Part 2

While waiting for the better equipped vehicles to attempt the very loose very steep hill, we had some fun playing the dirt, in my car, and with the camera.

actioncamper (2).jpg actioncamper (1).jpg

actioncamper (5).jpg expedition7- (3).jpg

We got onto a slightly more traveled road, after that meandering up down and through diverse landscapes. Afterwards we jumped on the highway for a short bit to get into Sedona.

The last leg of the trail was in Sedona's red rocks. By this time a steady drizzle was coming down on us, making for a more adventurous atmosphere. It made for a very pretty afternoon.

actioncamper (6).jpg

After trekking for most of the day we all pulled into our final destination, a local Burger Joint in Sedona. I was excited to check out everyones pictures, share stories, laugh, and to EAT!

Ice Cream.jpg

I was very happy with the improved ground clearance and travel the Rancho Suspension added. I did also take off the rear anti-sway bar, which allowed for more flex in the Xterra's suspension, and although slightly noticeable when driving it has added more than it has taken from the vehicles performance.

IMG_9838.jpg

After a very filling delicious dinner everyone headed back to Prescott. A good time was had by all and it was fun way to spend the day.

actioncamper (8).jpg

MattScott is online now Expedition Portal Team
    Expedition Portal Moderator
    Writing Enthusiast.
    This was a fun day, great post Kelsey!
    Matthew Scott
    Field Editor, Expedition Portal
    I drive a Jeep.

Cool Pix!
    2000 Xterra, 33 10.50 15 BFG KM2, Cragar Soft 8's, Cobra CB, 2"Body lift, 3" SL, RLCweldfab Front bumper, Custom B&M Rear Bumper, B&M lightbars roof basket Straight axel swap in the works
    2009 Xterra mods to come 2" SL BFG KO 285 75 16R Gobi ladder Heps designs roof basket

MattScott is online now Expedition Portal Team
    Expedition Portal Moderator
    Writing Enthusiast.
    What are your next plans for the Xterra?

I think you should install a Car-B-Que.
    Matthew Scott
    Field Editor, Expedition Portal
    I drive a Jeep.

Any updates for the X?
    “If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.”

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving."

― Albert Einstein

Im with jason. I like this thread. WHY YOU NO UPDATE!

UPDATES!!!!!! are NEEDED

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast