Ruger Trailers Denver

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Dose anyone have any experiences with Ruger Trailers in Denver? I've been looking for a M416 for a while and all said and done it seams that there off road trailer would scover my needs.

C416.jpg

Thanks for any info!

Nate

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
As shown $3500.00?
Not bad, if you could speck out what color, wheels, options.

Attachments

• C416(6).jpg
    C416(6).jpg
    13 KB · Views: 237

Dirtytires

Explorer
Brother you could some 500 dollars at your loca college and learn how to weld. The still have the money to build 2 of them. That is an
inflated price for what you get..

mac_jkr4d

Well I saw these posts and got interested, since Denver was only an hour away, I went and saw them for myself. I have been looking at trailers from diferent maufactures for a while and am glad I found out about these.
First, the owner Steve is very knowledgable about trailers, fabrication and the manufaturing process. I was impressed by the his methods and more importantly the results. The website http://rugertrailers.com/ did not do them justice, he has far more options then shown and does offer many color choices as well as the ability to do custom. The design is very functional, quality of the fabrication and attention to detail are outstanding. As well as stucturaly im sure it can take a beating. So needless to say I am impressed. As far as it being overinflated in price I disagree completly. In comparison to the other trailers I have been looking into the prce is very resonable and I think you get more for the money.

Not trying to start an arguement But, If you can build it yourself, by all means do so; Half of the fun is the process of making something yours. But for myself, being someone who does alot of fabrication and maintenance work, I am going to buy one, now that I have seen it, and save the fab work for what I will add to it. It is an excelent platform and it saves the hasstle of inpection and all you have to go through to register it. As far as building two for this price, to the quality I saw today, I would say the average skilled Fabricator would be hard pressed to accomplish that. What less someone with just a welding class under thier belt. Anyway I am including a couple of Pictures that they sent to me that are not on the website, so texasTJ can see as well as anyone else.

The first two he said is a new set up with tailgate and a larger front rack.
Yellow trailer 023.jpg
Yellow trailer 025.jpg
One of his customers with a RTT
tent trailer2.jpg
and one he is building on 35" Tires
hijacker 35 inch tires 002.jpg

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
It sure looks like a nice set up to me. If you look at some of the other trailer companies, well... some of them are asking ten K for the same rig, so... again looks nice to me!

No idea about the suspension choice, and no price for the "expedition frame".

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
It seems priced fair, to me. There is more to building the trailer that you have to take into consideration. the overhead, the work force, the equipment, the insurance, costs of shipping and all goes into every trailer. Price really seems good, I have never seen one so could not speculate on the quality, but from the pictures, the guy seems to know what he is doing.

mac_jkr4d

I dont remember how much extra he said the extended frame was but when I actualy start to price one out for me I will post. The suspension was leafs, He had a trailing arm set up in development but my personal preferance is leafs.

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
See if offers torsion axles, they work fantastic for what we do. Also Dexter and Alko are providing torsion axles for all new US Military and Nato forces, for trailers under 10K. They cost a bit more, but well worth the price.

mac_jkr4d

I didn't see any Torsion set ups when I was there, but if you call him who knows he seemed very open to what I wanted different or extra. The weight capability of torsion is great, I work with them in the military a lot, and there is no denying the reliable weight carrying ability. But I personally, won't ever be that heavy. I like the unsprung weight and articulative travel of the leaf over axle set up for off camber scenarios to keep upright.

Ace Brown

Retired Ol’ Fart
Funny, but folks were saying the same thing when Sierra trailers entered the market: "get a welder and build it yourself, too much, etc". How is your welder going to form that sheet metal box, lid, tailgate, etc? Have you looked at the price of steel lately?

His price of $3500 is a steal now and it will only go up.

Ace

Aspen Trails Trailers

Supporting Sponsor
You can now order the 3500 torsion axle, with 2000 pound action, meaning a rubber bar designed to carry 2000, my trailers are set up with the 3500 axle, but down graded to 2700, but has all the 3500 hardware, meaning spindle and bearings, hubs.

And so very true ACE. There is far more work in building a trailer than welding. From what I have seen, it appears to have good lines and well thought out for a base unit. I see the price rising also.

mac_jkr4d

Wow Aspen, I never saw your trailers before and just checked out your site. That is an increadible set up. Obviosly your torsion set up does very well judging by the video. The whole trailer looks to have great attention to detail. Cant wait to see more.

I dont know if rugers price will go up soon or not, most things do in time. But I definetly liked what I saw for the money now. I agree completly with you and Ace Brown on building though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles