Ruger Trailers Denver

Overland Hadley

on a journey
For the last year or so I have been doing some research on trailers, as there might be an upcoming trip where I will want to tow a cargo trailer. If I do end up needing a trailer, I will be buying a Ruger.

T-Rey1

Adventurer
I was tired of pulling the jugs out to get water so I borrowed an idea from another member and added a spout to one of the jugs.

Attachments

• 20131202_141306.jpg
    20131202_141306.jpg
    524 KB · Views: 95
  • 20131202_141300.jpg
    20131202_141300.jpg
    585.5 KB · Views: 89

SpongeX

Rust does a body good.
Ill probably also be picking up a Ruger this summer. Bummed I didnt get to see it first hand and our clubs San Rafael Swell run last year.

John E Davies

Adventurer
I was tired of pulling the jugs out to get water so I borrowed an idea from another member and added a spout to one of the jugs.

I bet that will get wiped off the first time you drag your trailer past a tree or tall rock. ..... Plus it is very vulnerable to rock strikes from stuff kicked up by the tow vehicle. Please post a followup after a year or two.

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

Garbinator

SeekTheMoneyTree
We have similar here in my area, narrow roads equals good size branches and bushes leaving those "Oh it'll polish-out" moments when using Momma's rig...:Wow1:

NetDep

Adventurer
I really like your DIY spiget, gonna give that a try also.

My baby is parked for the winter, till spring trips to Blue Notch and Moab!

IMG_1127%5B1%5D-M.jpg

I love having it in the back yard, so I can look at it each time I walk out to the garage. She is working on her first winter petine!

BTW, used it several times hauling wood this fall, perfect for that.. And over the holidays, my wife insisted on taking it to her parents for Xmas loaded with presents, etc... Kept the Landcruiser free of all that stuff. Pulled really well, of course, on a 12 hour highway run from Denver to White Mountains in AZ.

lost-adventurer

Lost and loving it...
Lifting my Ruger

Does anyone have experience lifting their C416? This is last years pic of my trailer, I've added a number of accessories, rotopax, propane, etc. I want to run a 17X9 matching wheel with 33" tires. Would flipping the leaf springs give me enough room?

After the lift, I plan to have it painted black to match the jeep. I also plan to have a rear swing away rack built to hold the spare tire. Please share pics if you have a lifted trailer. This is my first overland trailer and the Ruger trailer rocks!

2013-07-01162634_zps0e40e7ed.jpg

2013-07-01173745_zps02130860.jpg

2013-07-20210213_zpsa2ed2ea5.jpg

I am running 16x8 and a 33" tire, I am not sure what Steve had to do to fit that specifically, but looks like you might have room. Did you test it yet? I would call Steve and ask him his opinion on the best way to go about it. I know guys have done spring overs with other trailers and that has achieved the lift but I wonder if Steve has a better option for you. curious to hear his perspective.

IMG_0637%5B1%5D-L.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior