Bought M416 trailer, but now shipping company is sending back to seller.

Rosader

Observer
I found a M416 trailer 1,200 miles away from me for $900. The guy got a shipping quote to Utah for $600 so even though $1,500 total seems a little high, I went for it anyways because it is already in very good condition with a nice military green paint job that I like.
I paid through Paypal and then he later sent me a tracking number. I looked up the tracking number and it said it was headed to Salt Lake City (where I am) and would be here Friday.
Today, I look up the tracking number again and it shows the destination as going back to the seller! I called the shipping company and they told me the seller requested it to be returned and would give me no other details. I called the seller and he told me that he had them return it because they told him they would only insure it for 10 cents per pound which is $55 and he said that was unacceptable, so he had them return it and he is going to ship it with another company. I don't think he's trying to screw me because his business is selling military vehicles and he does it every day. I wonder if he is going to try to get me to pay more for shipping tho if the other companies are priced higher. If he does give a higher price for shipping, should I try to convince him to stay with our agreed shipping price?

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
You agreed upon a price to cover the trailer and shipping, it is not your fault as the buyer if the seller failed to do his homework prior to agreeing to sell it to you for said price. Good thing you did use paypal, if he tries to jerk you around simply file a claim. He will then be forced to ship it on his own dime and prove it has been delivered or give you a complete refund. I buy and sell online a lot and only use paypal.

Dirtytires

Explorer
Sounds Very "Fishy" I would walk away from it . Just request your money back through paypal. 55 dollars is not going to make or break him. ROTTEN DEAL.

Rosader

Observer
$55 is the amount the shipping company will insure it for, meaning if it is damaged, lost etc. all they will pay is $55

95RRC

Adventurer
pretty hard for a shipping company to "break" a solid steel trailer IMO?? If you are "nuts" (funny not negative) enough to buy one 900miles away I say you should just let him be, do what he wants to get it shipped to you - FOR THE AGREED upon price and wait....seems legit to me?????

Rosader

Observer
Last status update today on the tracking number is "out for delivery" so he'll be getting it back today. He told me he would let me know as soon as he sorts out another shipping company so I'll probably be hearing from him Monday or Tuesday would be my guess.

Rosader

Observer
He got the trailer back Friday morning and shipped it back out Friday afternoon. Tracking info says it should be here by 4/04 (Wednesday). I'd like to take it camping for Easter weekend so as soon as it gets here, I'll be converting the wiring to 12v, re-packing the bearings, and try to find a spare tire. Since I am a complete noob, can anyone tell me what all is involved in converting the wiring to 12v? Is there a writeup anywhere?

shogun

Adventurer
He got the trailer back Friday morning and shipped it back out Friday afternoon. Tracking info says it should be here by 4/04 (Wednesday). I'd like to take it camping for Easter weekend so as soon as it gets here, I'll be converting the wiring to 12v, re-packing the bearings, and try to find a spare tire. Since I am a complete noob, can anyone tell me what all is involved in converting the wiring to 12v? Is there a writeup anywhere?

1. Remove 24v bulbs.
2. Take one of each to auto parts store.
3. Purchase 12v bulbs in same size.
4. Install new bulbs.

Rosader

Observer
I picked it up today! She's a beauty! It didn't have original tail lights installed but the guy was nice enough to send a pair of originals with it. He said the shipping was more but he ate the difference. So it all turned out great!
c159c591.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior