1981 FJ43 Import

addicted56

Adventurer
I'm selling my stock FJ43 I imported from Colombia. Only real option is power steering. Has Hard Top.

For those that haven't heard of an FJ43 they are mid wheel base options that offered in other international markets.

Besides the wheels it is stock and is a ready to drive car. Would make a perfect restore candidate though. Has a few Colombia isms that can easily be removed.

Up until recently when a company here started importing more of them there were only about 5 or 6 in the country that I could really document. One a few weeks ago sold for 69K on ebay and a few others in the 40-50K from that other company.

It is located in Coos Bay Oregon and I am asking 19.9K.

I am interested in other expedition partial trades though. I'm really up for anything that might work on a trailer build I will be doing or a small pop up camper if anyone has one. That or a Imac computer as this 7 year old laptop I'm writing on now is about to kick the bucket.

Here is a link to the pictures. As others have asked the frame is not cracked in that one picture by the spring hanger. It is just a scratch.

https://picasaweb.google.com/100664534732951746186/1982FJ43White

addicted56

Adventurer
The rain finally stopped and had a chance to drive it around the yard. Should get it out on the street next week. Is actually running better than I expected. I threw it up on Fleabay as I'm getting anxious to get going on my own FJ43 again so I can hopefully enjoy before I leave on my next deployment in December. I have a LONG way to go and not a lot of time or money to get it done.

Any questions shoot them my way.

Gifu

Observer
cool truck. never seen a hardtop like that... with built in vents and such. What is the circular shape that hangs down behind the driver's head?

addicted56

Adventurer
It is a spot to put in a speaker. My hardtop on my personal FJ43 (not selling) has them placed there. My hardtop is a different brand but essentially the same.

Does make a great overland vehicle. Not so long like a troopie that it is harder to maneuver and longer than a 40 when you need just that little extra space. Heavier duty and longer FJ45 springs make for a great FJ to haul your gear around and enjoy the outdoors.

Can't wait to sell it so I can start work on my own FJ43

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
cool truck. never seen a hardtop like that... with built in vents and such. What is the circular shape that hangs down behind the driver's head?

The hardtops are/were made in Colombia. Best fiberglass after market tops you will find anywhere in the world. They were also made down there for Patrols. For some reason they are a lot nicer than the ones made in Australia, at least for the Patrols. There is a lot of different ones in both Colombia & Australia, again at least for Patrols.

The reason for this is it was cheaper to ship the vehicles to the said country without a top, in some countries they also saved on import duties because the trucks were classified different with no top. Then Toyota or Nissan or whatever contracted these companies in house to do the tops, there may have even been a few companies doing them not on contract. Just offering aftermarket.

The ones with the vents are the best tops hands down. They have baffles built into the fiber glass, draw in fresh cooler air from the top of the windshield and then it is distributed into the cab via vents. It is like the old Rover "safari" tops only much better. I almost think this particular top is better then a stock one.

I think you are a little high on price, I know what these can be bought for in Colombia. Although I don't know what it is costing these days to export one and ship it up here. I think the other higher prices you mention are crazy, unless it has been through a full frame up restoration with no expense spared. Any ways, it doesn't matter what I think! :rolleyes:

It is a nice truck, I think you are an honest seller and I hope you get what you want for it!

Do you have it titled in the USA yet?

Sorry if I am mucking up your for sale thread. GLWS!

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
The FJ43 was built in Colombia- not imported so the top has a local flair, there are many great examples of that truck down here

I found one the other day from 72ish with 65000 original km it was lovely but just missed it.

toyota locally can also get every single spare part, as the local fabricas still make the parts !

Good luck on the sale - I guess you shipped two in a container !

addicted56

Adventurer
Hello and no worries about muddying up the thread. Yes the shipping was actually the same for what I paid for the Land Cruiser. Crazy with all of the fees and transportation costs these days out of that country. No RORO ads a lot. That and the US Dollar isn't worth much these days and because new cars have a 100% tax used cars that have lived the city life (cars from Bogota and those from other parts have lead very different lives and pull very different prices) they hold their value.

I'm entertaining offers. I have it up on Ebay right now. Can shoot me an e-mail and I'm more than happy to talk about.

I brought my own personal FJ43 in a couple of years ago and it is under a full frame off restoration and getting an OM617 engine. I brought this in as I had a ton of requests for help to bring one in but nobody ever bit the bullet as they were scared to throw money down there and never get a car.

I agree they are priced little high but there are not very many of them. I'm reasonable though and a land cruiser enthusiast trying to fund my hobby so give me a ring or shoot me an e-mail anytime and I'm cool to work something out. If I can actually make a buck or two I might bring in some others. There is a sweet original BJ43 down there as well that needs to come hang out in the US.

Thanks,
Jason

addicted56

Adventurer
Thanks,

A few more days on the old fleabay. I've had multiple offers at 16K so I'm not sure why people aren't biting. Ohh well she will go to a good home soon I'm sure.

addicted56

Adventurer
Getting ready to head off for another month of training in a couple weeks. Somebody here wants it. Give me a shout.

Sonofmax

interested in this?

2008 11 03_0509.jpg2008 11 03_0509.jpg
I'm selling my stock FJ43 I imported from Colombia. Only real option is power steering. Has Hard Top.

For those that haven't heard of an FJ43 they are mid wheel base options that offered in other international markets.

Besides the wheels it is stock and is a ready to drive car. Would make a perfect restore candidate though. Has a few Colombia isms that can easily be removed.

Up until recently when a company here started importing more of them there were only about 5 or 6 in the country that I could really document. One a few weeks ago sold for 69K on ebay and a few others in the 40-50K from that other company.

It is located in Coos Bay Oregon and I am asking 19.9K.

I am interested in other expedition partial trades though. I'm really up for anything that might work on a trailer build I will be doing or a small pop up camper if anyone has one. That or a Imac computer as this 7 year old laptop I'm writing on now is about to kick the bucket.

Here is a link to the pictures. As others have asked the frame is not cracked in that one picture by the spring hanger. It is just a scratch.

https://picasaweb.google.com/100664534732951746186/1982FJ43White

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles