Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Conqueror conquest ** SOLD **

Quote Originally Posted by atavuss View Post
    Nice! Any idea of what the trailer weight is?
    One guy had his compact on a scale with the tent it was 1260 ?

Never had it on the scales ?

Another owner Dendy thought they were about 1600 or 1650 ?

Could be since they have brakes and are longer than the compacts

Hope that helps can say it tows very nice though does not feel like even that
    Last edited by Honu; 04-28-2012 at 02:10 AM.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    my Snow Peak Reviews & Tweaks

Quote Originally Posted by Funrover View Post
    Good luck on the sale, I wish I could!
    Thanks

Want! Nice setup! GLWS!

B
    Roll It. Jack It. Wheel It.
    U.S.M.C.
    Associate yourself with men of quality if you esteem your own reputation, for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company
    1984 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler; 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited; 2013 Ram 1500 Laramie - 5.7L

Quote Originally Posted by cobound View Post
    Want! Nice setup! GLWS!

B
    Want it buy it hahahha

Thanks

Somebody should buy this- ... it is a heck of a deal and the ones in good shape are even harder to find as time goes by.
    Solid Trailer (I've owned one) and Solid Seller.
    D
    "Experience makes a man humble, as he realizes that despite how much he has learned, he knows very little." Scott Brady

2009 Land Rover LR3 HSE HD-Built-Galway Green-(Mine)
    2009 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged HSE- Bourneville (Hers)
    2010 Conqueror Commander
    Tread Lightly! Trainer

My On Going Build Threads:
    My Truck:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/vehi...the-flame.html

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...nd-Rig!/page25

I keep looking at your trailer. I am looking at getting my first off road trailer to use in Baja and West Coast USA. I am not handy as many of you all are and want to get something that is ready to roll without needed modifications, upgrades, repairs (water tank and charging system). I know I want solar due to being offroad Baja so that is additional expense as well. With all this in mind does it make sense for me to go for this trailer vs. a new (and more expensive) Horizon? The biggest advantage with Horizon is I can get it my way and fully ready to go with all options. However, if this trailer is same level of quality and has other advantages I am not aware of I would welcome all input. Thanks much.

Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    the tent runs the length of the trailer which is 83 inches figure about 1.5 inches on each side for the mechanism so the sleeping width is about 80 inches and about 80 inches long
    officially they call it a 2.1m x 2.1m bed

this gives you a idea I am just shy of 6 foot and about 230lbs here in this pic

the pic below:
    gives you a idea the size of the annex of course larger when staked out
    also it gives you a idea how the bed folds out into the annex area
    the width of the trailer is 54 inches on the top edge
    the hinge part of the bed is about half the bed width so it does not come out into the annex

also you can see in the below pic the side door of the trailer folded down the silver door you can see between my girl and the elephant on the back is a small door to another storage area both can be accessed from inside the annex and not get in the way of the ladder
    this is the side with 4 wolf packs we used them for our clothes and found it handy when getting ready in the morning having a table and area to do so from inside the tent
    Is your little one a carrot-top...ya gotta love the reds..keep that gene going...LOL..my lil red just turned 11 yesterday...GLWS..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rover-meet-018-L.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	199.5 KB 
ID:	99573

yeah when you see it its very red
    those shots dont do much for the color
    Last edited by Honu; 05-17-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Kinda hoping others might respond like Jeff

As of course some might see me as biased

But Jeff made solid points the charging is not a big deal I just a second charger that is a very high end one so not a issue IMHO the stock ones were ok but not as good as some others like the one I bought which was about a $350 charger
    The water tank ? Not sure whats up seam maybe ?
    But two 70 liter tanks and also why some of the South Africa guys swear on twin tanks just for a reason
    2 70 liter tanks is a lot of water

Solar is not a biggy as that is always a add on type setup designed based ones needs

I bought the trailer understanding no trailer is setup for anyone with out customizing every trailer build you see people do little mods to make it their own so like Jeff said what are your needs ?

The things that sold me on the conqueror was a great ground room off the tent
    Access to all sides of the trailer when the tent is deployed which is really nice to have IMHO

Being able to drop a side door and have the kitchen their is nice or drop the other side access to your clothes etc... The back to the fridge etc...

Of course I am going to say buy mine sqve a few bucks and tweak it how you like

Conqueror has a good track record in South Africa and is one of the more popular trailers down their where trailers seem to be more common place

Hope my views help a bit and feel free pm me and can chat and I am hoping this week to get some good detail shots as it is in great shape
    I also am a straight shooter and disclose the problems I know need attention as I would hate to read a add then have someone say oh and by the way

Quote Originally Posted by 8knots View Post
    I keep looking at your trailer. I am looking at getting my first off road trailer to use in Baja and West Coast USA. I am not handy as many of you all are and want to get something that is ready to roll without needed modifications, upgrades, repairs (water tank and charging system). I know I want solar due to being offroad Baja so that is additional expense as well. With all this in mind does it make sense for me to go for this trailer vs. a new (and more expensive) Horizon? The biggest advantage with Horizon is I can get it my way and fully ready to go with all options. However, if this trailer is same level of quality and has other advantages I am not aware of I would welcome all input. Thanks much.

The Conquest is a unique trailer- Not as lightweight as the Compact, but much roomier inside and with storage than the Compact.
    The room below is LARGE! When we camped, we left the door inside the room with access to the clothes bins open (as it is behind the ladder to get up to the upper "loft bed") My son slept on an Oz Cot under that drop side door and it fit perfectly there and still allowed access to the forward door storage area.
    The amount of storage inside is HUGE. And allows for an Engel Combi 60 (fridge and freezer - both) in the rear with no problems. Be careful the lift struts as they are quite stout!

The Conquest is one of 5 in the States. 4 that came from Jurassic Trailers in Atlanta before they folded, and on owned by Wmac in Washington State that he got from Canada.

The thing that is great about the Conquerors is they are perfectly balanced. It was always easy to move this thing around by hand on level ground.

It has surge brakes, so there is really no need to electric brakes or the like. They are well made and top drawer trailers. I would advise, however to keep them garaged, or covered when not in use, as the tent protective covers will age without protection from the environment when stored.

Hope that helps answer some of the questions. Chad, have you been under the trailer to determine if the water tank has a crack in it, or if perhaps a line has just come loose?

Thanks
    D
    "Experience makes a man humble, as he realizes that despite how much he has learned, he knows very little." Scott Brady

2009 Land Rover LR3 HSE HD-Built-Galway Green-(Mine)
    2009 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged HSE- Bourneville (Hers)
    2010 Conqueror Commander
    Tread Lightly! Trainer

My On Going Build Threads:
    My Truck:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/vehi...the-flame.html

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...nd-Rig!/page25

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast