I got an airflow snorkel for Christmas, and installed it on Friday. I was rather nervous about doing the install. Looking at the instructions it did not look to difficult, but the idea of drilling a 4" hole in the fender really made me nervous. Well, it all went well, and the hardest part was pulling the trigger on the drill. It took me a little over 4.5 hours to do, but now that I have done it I think it could go much faster. I just took my time and made sure I had it right.
This is the template cut out and laying on my living room floor
One last shot with the fender and stock intake still intact
Template taped to the fender
Drilling the 1/4" pilot holes, 6 in all
This is where it got a pit scary
It came out pretty good, I did have to file it a bit to clean it up, but the instructions said I would need to
All of the holes except for the A-pillar drilled
a quick test fit, the instructions tell you to open up the top two holes larger, I tried to get away with leaving them smaller, but it bound up a bit and did not sit flat.
fitting the airbox with the new fitting and hose. I did not assemble it the way the instructions said. The instructions tell you to put the fitting on the box, put it in place, put the snorkel on, put the elbow on the snorkel and then try to fit the flex hose between the two. What I did was take the bracket that holds the air box off and put the fitting and hose on the airbox. With the bracket off I was able to put the airbox, fitting and hose in place all in one piece, bend the hose down through the wheel well, put on the elbow fitting, then slip the bracket up through the wheel well and bolt it all down. I then put the snorkel on and snapped the elbow into place on the bottom of the snorkel
the rest are a few shots of it finished
btw, I know the truck is dirty, and scratched, but I think that is how a power wagon is meant to be.