How to tell if there are factory lockers on 100 series

aaronrules

Hey guys...totally new to posting around here. I am eyeing either a 100 series Land Cruiser or 4Runner. When I am looking at pics online of used Land Cruisers, none of them say if there are factory lockers or not, and I need to know what I am looking for in the pics. Or any other info that will tell if there are lockers. Thanks for any help!

bunduguy

Supporting Sponsor
There will be a dial to the left of the steering wheel. It will say "FR/RR on it. if it has aftermarket lockers it will have a rocker switch somewhere in the vicinity.

5Runner

Adventurer
I think it was only the 99 model that had a rear locker option. Maybe the 2000 too, but definitely not 2001 or newer.

If aftermarket, they'd be an idiot not to state it in the ad. Aftermarket is not cheap at all.

trunk monkey

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
An ad for a 2000+ LC or LX that references lockers would probably be talking about the center diff lock button in the center cluster. All 2000+ will have ATRAC, which is a great system.

Same dial as the 80 in the 100, just has RR only, no FR.

Hence he said fr/rr and I reminded him it was a 100 not an 80 :)

phsycle

Adventurer
No locker on that one... But dont let a locker deter you. They are pretty capable with ATRAC and adding ARB lockers are better any way.

I'd much rather have ATRAC with ARB lockers than locker(s) and no ATRAC. It's a great system.

aaronrules

I am really liking this rig. It's going to come down to either a built 4Runner that is for sale on this forum or this dude. It's a hard choice, might have to come down to financing. No I go read up on ATRAC, so I am not a complete idiot.

jonharis

Hey guys, Yep, that was me, the truck is at 90% and just needs the rear bumper, It head up wonderfully in the crash, I am thankful to Toyota and Slee for their incredible engineering. The thread above has been updated with more pics and will get one more update late next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94